Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your gaming plan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Playing Silent Hill: Homecoming, planning on getting Arkham Asylum. I'll get back to Street Fighter IV as soon as the current frustration with it wears off. Let's see... oh yeah I just played through the special edition of Monkey Island 1. Great fun.

May get the latest Wolfenstein game... not sure yet. Any good?

All this is for PC - last console I bought was PS2. I use an Xbox 360 controller for the games it suits.

Sort of taking a break from the competitive shooters like TF2, CS:S etc.. I need escapism, and having to interact with other humans sort of dilutes that a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone here actually finishd Persona 4?

It took me months to finish Persona 3, but I'm making slow progress on Persona 4. Currently at the 25 hour mark - just finished the
    Rise / Teddie dungeon
    and one rank left to go on the Yukiko social link. Very much improves on its predecessor (which I thought was fantastic), but Inaba feels like a far more persistent and believable place than the nameless city of the first.

Other games: Arkham Asylum, which is a wonderful game, not just as a Batman one but in terms of design is rock solid anyway. Around 50% clear with around 8 hours of play.

Chrono Trigger: great little portable RPG which I had never gotten around to in the SNES days. Parts of it have shown their age, but the unique narrative, characters and combat systems make up for this.

Taiko no Tatsujin DS 2 Mecha! Seven Islands (or something): Picked this up in Japan after getting absolutely addicted to the arcade version. Arcade version is basically Donkey Konga with two giant Taiko drums, and a wonderful J-Pop/anime/videogame soundtrack. DS version is a really good emulation of the arcade one, with the bottom screen used as a drum (two drumsticks provided) and the top screen the main game display. Not quite as satisfying as the arcade version, and the story mode is occasionally a bit tricky to navigate in Japanese (although gamefaqs helps, a lot), but one of the best DS games around nonetheless, with a killer soundtrack. Well worth an import.

Shadow Complex: finished 100% t'other day, but have to go back to challenge rooms etc...

Advertisement