Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation/ Fresher Week Gigs

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just wondering, has there been any word about acts lined up to play UL in the first couple of weeks? I've checked the ULSU website, the Ents website, both their bebos/facebook and even emailed them, but I've heard nothing.

If there is something on, they're doing a shockingly bad job advertising them.

The ULSU website "Ents" section just says

" UL Ents will be back in September with more great gigs and crazy nights out. Keep an eye on this page for updates about Orientation Week and Fresher`s Week gig. It`s gonna be mad!"

And the fresher packs mention gigs but don't say who's playing. It's all very odd. Usually they would have been announced ages ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Yes, dying to know whether I should stay or go home orientation weekend, any info please post here!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

There will be three gigs on during the week, one a night. There will be a Christy Moore Tribute, Kings of Leon Tribute and Girls Aloud Tribute. These gigs won't cost more than a measly €2! Wristbands will be available from SU reception for anyone over 18 which means that under 18s will be able to go to these gigs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

ergonomics wrote: »
    There will be three gigs on during the week, one a night. There will be a Christy Moore Tribute, Kings of Leon Tribute and Girls Aloud Tribute. These gigs won't cost more than a measly €2! Wristbands will be available from SU reception for anyone over 18 which means that under 18s will be able to go to these gigs too.

sounds brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iampeter

i shall go to see the kings of leon tribute act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Any ood acts coming down i heard last year that the Blizzards and Basehunter were down ! i heard their were good comedians too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

MiciG91 wrote: »
    Any ood acts coming down i heard last year that the Blizzards and Basehunter were down ! i heard their were good comedians too !

Yeah thats what they've been luring us with anyway! Realise I sound a bit ungrateful about the tribute acts, which are really cool for 2 euro Id say. Sure if anyone hears anything:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Girls Aloud Tribute

seriously? they better be at least as good looking as the real thing or else why bother

i can see that being a funny gig though

hope all the freshers have a great first week let me know what kilmurry is like ill miss it this semester as im on coop grrrr

So under 18's cant go or can they? Your comment didnt make much sense..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I suspect strongly that the giveaway part is:
    which means that under 18s will be able to go to these gigs too.

I'm guessing from the above post that those with wristbands will be allowed to buy beer while those without will not be allowed to buy beer but the sentence is as clear as crystal that under 18s can go.

Oh ok. Thanks

FML

• Advertisement
Advertisement