Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurants

Options
  • 25-08-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having an anniversary with my girlfriend soon, and i want to take her to some fine restaurant..

Which one is the BEST in limerick, which one would you recommend?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

majnus wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm having an anniversary with my girlfriend soon, and i want to take her to some fine restaurant..

Which one is the BEST in limerick, which one would you recommend?

thanks!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507096 There you go.

Also I personally recommend the Cornstore in Thomas St, its top notch food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Woooly

Nice food in Freddys Bistro. You can grab a drink in the White House before!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Defo +1 that Woody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

If you have cash to spend Market Square Brasserie. If not so much cash, the River Bistro.

The River Bistro is a fixed price menu and if you decide in advance what you want to spend on wine there won't be any surprises when the bill comes.

I was in Freddy's twice and not all that impressed - must give it another try though as others seemed to like it.

I have a farly detailed review of the Cornstore in the restaurants thread - not really somewhere I would reccomend for an anniversary dinner. Nothing about it says 'special'.

As another alternative, how about go away for a night midweek for a D+B&B deal at a hotel - might be as cheap. Lyrath in Kilkenny have a 'have it all' offer at the moment that includes Dinner, Breakfast, lunch and spa treatment - this also runs on a Friday.

Over in the foodies formum there are some other reccomendations for good hotel restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

+1 for The River Bistro. Me and hubby have been there a couple of times and were never disappointed. Food fantastic and service very good. The fixed price menu is handy too because there are no surprises at the end of the night! BTW if you're going to have wine, you're as well to stick with the house wine - it's not bad for the price. Good luck and enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

If you don't mind going outside the city then Gallaghers in Bunratty is really lovely. For a romantic meal I think you can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

Market Square Brasserie is definitively the best but can lack a little atmosphere there some nights.. Corn Store is much more lively and really good food and not 2 pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

If you dont want to spend a whole pile of money the carvery in Synotts is a great feed. You get huge portions and its under 10 euros a head

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a feckin sticky at the top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Limdiner

Azur on O Connel Street is good food at great value and quite personal for a bit of romantic dining. Dont go to the cornstore its quite busy, for a romantic meal its not good to be in that envoinment and the food is overhyped. check out my review of both restaurants on [link removed]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

for our first valentines I was brought to Adare Manor, we're together 10 years now and make a point of going back at least once a year :)
    Neither of us drink and we find that the set menu in the manor ends up costing the same if not less than mediocre meals in the city, Its an experience, not just a meal..

http://www.adaremanor.com/oakroom-restaurant
    I THINK the 5 course was 55 per person. The 8 course tasting menu is 70 and they have a complementing wine service of 30 per person where they bring out a wine to complement each course..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The French Table on Steamboat Quay - great service, fantastic food (brilliant value too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Your man that does go locking the threads will be fair mad when he sees this.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grawwwwrrrrr. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement