Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTTP error when loading www.google.com or any google

• 25-08-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a problem on a brothers machine where it will not load www.google.com or .ie. I can get to the maps.google.com and even load the google earth. Each time he tries to load the google page it returns a blank page. I have tried everything like clearing down cache, cookies, history. Also removed FF and IE8 and tried with just chrome, still same results. I have run malware/spyware scanners and down full system scan, clean as a wistle. I have also used my own machine connected to his network and I have no problem. His machine is running vista. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Does he have a proxy option enabled in the browsers?

Edit: Sorry, do you mean if you put "maps.google.com" into the address bar it will load but not "www.google.com"?
    Edit2: Do you other sites work ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

check hosts file and also try taking out www and just go google.com

Advertisement