Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redford Park - would you recommend it?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

We have been looking at moving to Greystones, for a while but the prices seem to be very sticky still in comparison to other areas, with very few places selling from what I can see.

One area we have looked at is Redford Park. Can anyone shed any light on what it's like to live there? We have a toddler and another child on the way and are interested to here what it is like to live in. It seems to have a lot of amenities near by.

I have heard it is prone to flooding at the rear of the estate.
    Are the houses cold? Good neighbours in general? Any comments?

Can anyone help?
    Thanks a mill
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I presume you mean Redford Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

loyatemu wrote: »
    I presume you mean Redford Park?

damn someone beat me to it !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks Ive changed it.

Now can you help me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Nice neighbourhood.

A few Greens.
    Has flooded towards the bottom of the estate in heavy rain.
    No through road.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

We've lived there for seven years and never had any problems, it's pretty quiet. We don't have kids but it seems quite child-friendly, there's always a fair few of them out playing. It's also very handy for the schools at the top of the road as well as Lidl, Spar and the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Having lived there all my life I can say I'm pretty satisfied with the place. Nice big green, fifteen minute walk to town, tends to be very quiet at night time, close to the local school.

Thats great. It sounds like a nice area. :)

I think we are going to wait until the prices get more realistic around there before pursuing this further. One of the houses was 330k up until recently and now seems to have gone up to 440k..so not sure what's going on there..

Anyway, thanks a mill everyone!

Weird!! They must have put the wrong price up initially, I don't think any vendor in the country would be foolish enough to hike their price up by 100k at the minute! How many bedrooms is the 440k house -- from my memory when we were househunting, there's a fair difference in the size of some of the houses in the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

move here we can be neighbours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Redford Park is one of the best Parks in Greystones:)

• Advertisement

Lol @ the enthusiasm!

That house that was reduced was a three bedroom, there was two of them for sale next door to each other,only one remains, I'm nearly sure the one that is still up for sale is the one that was €330 and has since gone back up in price..then in another part of Redford Park there is a 4/5 bed for sale for the same price..anyway..I can wait a while yet for the prices to drop further.

Can anyone tell me:
    How old are the houses? Any idea on the origianal prices?
    Are they very cold in the winter? I presume they are mainly oil heating?
    Any known issues with the houses?

Thanks a mill again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

most of the houses in Redford are from the late 80s I think, don't think the original prices have much relevance to what they are worth today.

Late 80's - cheers! :)

I'm still interested in the original price and the other info if anyone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Pixied wrote: »
    Late 80's - cheers! :)

I'm still interested in the original price and the other info if anyone knows?
    The two-beds were about £25k as far as I can remember, that would have been around 1985. It's a nice estate and and not as far from Greystones as you might think. There is a walkway going through Rathdown Park and leads you out near the CBS (St Kevins).

I think I remember our next door neighbour telling me that they paid around £75,000 for their house; that would have been in the early 1990s I think.
    Structurally our place hasn't given us any problems really, we had to get the gutters replaced but that's cos the ones that were they were the original wooden ones and were rotting away. Other that that, we just did the usual types of modernisation, new bathrooms, kitchen etc when we moved in.
    We have oil heating, it works fine, and in my experience the house isn't particularly cold in winter, I'd say it's average really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

The best thing about living in Redford park is the 15minute walk to the north beach and the huge green for walking my dog.

I should warn you about the annoying residents association though, their 'newsletters' are so condescending as to be almost insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

its somewhere that i really want to move to from charlesland, just looking for the right deal

Advertisement