Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest & Easiest way of sending texts to large groups???

• 25-08-2009 3:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Myself and some friends are starting a venture to which we would like to advertise it by text message each week. We have collected a large volume of phone numbers at our event, and want to send them a message about it each time.

What is the cheapest and easiest way of doing this?

I hear O2 and Meteos prepay have free texts once you top up by €20 each month. So in theory we could do this and it would be fine, for a fixed cost.

However I'm not sure about what the easiest way to actually send out the texts are. Obviously manually would be near impossible with hundreds of them.

Is there any software that does it? Maybe phone software when connected to a phone etc?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd probably combine the unlimited text offer (€20/month) with a Nokia Symbian phone or normal Nokia phone linked to my PC via Nokia PC Suite.

The €20/month/unlimited texts offer has various T&C though so depends on the size of your organisation. By the sounds of it you should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

teamer.net

Absolutely free not too sure what the cap is number wise however i have a lot of numbers involved in a local club and it does the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Meteor and O2 do free texts and there's no limit.

If you're sending the text to everyone in your contacts you could just click send to all, eliminating the need for any additional software

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks.

Basically we have the numbers in an excel sheet and will be adding more. There are a few hundred.

Would nokia symbian be best? Why so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks.

Basically we have the numbers in an excel sheet and will be adding more. There are a few hundred.

Would nokia symbian be best? Why so?

Well the way it sends groups like this, it just quess them up and sends them one after each other. If you are going to be sending so many at one time though, i wouldn't be overly confident, its just not designed for sending hundreds at a time. High volume of texts on phones slowly affects the quality, make sure your not saving them on the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement