Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepay data roaming in spain

Options
  • 25-08-2009 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

hello there,

im off to barcelona in two weeks. i have a htc magic and id like to be able to use 3g over there.

Im currently on o2 experience which is great in ireland cos all my mates are on o2 as well, but their data roaming charges are close to 5EUR a MB vs 99c for 50MB when in Ireland

I want to get a sim to use just for the holiday. I was looking at vodafone and they have the 99c a day 50MB when roaming in Spain - I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using this abroad? i dont trust mobile operators when it comes to roaming charges (i know with o2 when my bf was in the netherlands every text he sent me came through at least 3 times)

is there any alternative to vodafone doing the same offer on prepay, the three site was hard to navigate, and meteor said it was a tenner a MB (chancers)

Thanks very much,
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The Vodafone Live roaming at 99c is good deal, I had no problems in France, not sure about Spain. Get a prepaid SIM and away you go, if you haven't much credit in it they can't overcharge you anyway. It is truly strange that O2 who are owned by Telefonica have such high charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

i was just looking into the vodafone thing again, a while ago o2 sent me out a free sim card and its never been used, and with vodafone if u switch u get a free sim and a tenner credit - problem sorted:)

cheers,
    luke

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Darith

Is it cheaper to buy a spanish sim card while in spain for mr to use my o2 irish sim card roaming. Also i want totake into account my spanish friends calling me; which is cheaper for them.

Advertisement