Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The newest Nokia. The 5230 is a cheaper 5800

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

BostonB wrote: »
    If theres no difference why do switch on for emails? I assume if you don't have decent 3G in your area, there won't be much difference. The assumption would need to be you do have decent 3G for it to be worth it.

I assume because most of them, had far worst SQ than a decent MP3 player, and it usually savages your battery. At least for someonen like me who only charges their phone and MP3 player every 4 or 5 days.

I agree with you, theres alll types of users. I like having a decent camera in my phone.

Opera mini makes no difference when dealing with a large file attached to an email! A 3mb jpeg is a 3mb jpeg... That's why occasionally I switch to 3g ;)

Get your point re mp3 players though. Hadn t considered that aspect. And: same here; have come to appreciate a good phone-cam... That is the one and only reason why I wanna 'upgrade' from E71. Not easy though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

strecker wrote: »
    Opera mini makes no difference when dealing with a large file attached to an email! A 3mb jpeg is a 3mb jpeg... That's why occasionally I switch to 3g ;)...

I don't get you. A faster connection is, well, faster. Regardless of broswer.

I hear you on the E71. Dire camera. I think alot of these Nokias have the same 3.2 camera. I was thinking of going N86 myself. But kinda gone off spending a lot on phones. The E71 has a great calendar, and battery life, which I use a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Better? How do you figure that with no 3G and no GPS and smaller screen?

I got a brand new 5800 Unlocked for €205 + 15 delivery. I'd have expected the 5530 and 5230 to be around the €150 mark.

Hey bob harris - where did you get the unlocked 5800 for 205 ? I would be interested in getting an unlocked 5230. Would like to stay with vodafone....

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

ripcord wrote: »
    Hey bob harris - where did you get the unlocked 5800 for 205 ? I would be interested in getting an unlocked 5230. Would like to stay with vodafone....

Cheers

Ebay.

Some guy in the UK, similar to this

EDIT:
    Or just get it cheaper straight from Vodafone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The 5530 is now 140€ online from Meteor.

140€ for a touch screen Nokia(That can be got hassle free, i.e NOT on ebay) is very tempting! The 5800 has also dropped in price to 190€ online, no sign of the 5230 yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The 5530 is now 140€ online from Meteor.

140€ for a touch screen Nokia(That can be got hassle free, i.e NOT on ebay) is very tempting! The 5800 has also dropped in price to 190€ online, no sign of the 5230 yet

And there won't be (at least on Meteor) this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/nokia_5230/#/in_all_phones

Now on meteor, 120€ online so presumably 130€ in store, would the touchscreen on this be as good as the 5530? Thinkin about a replacement for my tocco lite! :D

Btw, worth noting the 5530 comes with a 4gb micro sd card whereas this does not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I love my 5530

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

Zonda999 wrote: »
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/nokia_5230/#/in_all_phones

Now on meteor, 120€ online so presumably 130€ in store, would the touchscreen on this be as good as the 5530? Thinkin about a replacement for my tocco lite! :D

Btw, worth noting the 5530 comes with a 4gb micro sd card whereas this does not

you can get the 5230 on vodafone for 90euro if you switch networks or 110euro i think if new connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement