Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy myth?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I am curious to find out if there is any truth in the rumour of wether it is just a myth. can you tell be the shape of a pregnant stomach wether the unborn child is male or female?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is true for some people and not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I have had three very different pregnancies and on my 3rd boy so I don't honestly believe that you can tell by the shape of the belly.

Wanna hear something weird though?? I have a friend who likes to read palms. Told me 7 years ago I was having a boy, then told my friend and his own sister what they were having and even guessed one was having twin girls! Then at Christmas last year he was reading palms again and I asked if I would ever have more kids he said I would and the month of October was springing to mind. I then conceived and the child is due in October!! He then guessed the sex before the scan...correctly and now says I am going to have the baby on the 13th of Oct, I am due on the 10th. I am not into the psychic thing at all but I just cant believe he keeps getting it right....even he can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Myth. Even midwives can't tell, and they see enough pregnant bellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

Myth, my wife was all to one side, small and tidy.
    Everyone called it as a girl. I now have a son :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

myth, but i did have a high and tidy bump and was told by everyone that it'd be a girl and it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Put it this way - you'e a 50/50 chance of getting it right!!!

Advertisement