Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17" ispiri p1 on 06 corolla...

• 25-08-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

looking to put 4 stud 17" ispiri p1s on my black 06 corolla d4d, but i'm a total novice so not sure which tyre to go for.
    corolla is rated for 195/60R15 or 195/55R16 (sticker in the glove box). the boy in the rim shop suggested 205s or 215s, so not sure which one to go for, don't wanna go too low profile, but don't want the ride height to be affected...

also what should the offset be? i'm totally clueless, and any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Corolla T Sport Compressor limited edition sits on 215/45R17 tyres.

You need lowered suspension if you're doing 17" wheels, it'll just look brutal otherwise.

If you're not lowering the suspension then stick to 16's.

For what it's worth, P1's don't look great on the Corolla, a more simple design of wheel or multispoke design would suit better.

2006-toyota-corolla-compressor-06_05.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

that was my worry about the 17s, is it much hassle to get the car lowered?
    not really planning on doing a whole pile to the car.

Don't know if i agree with you about the p1s though, here they are on stands by my car, (f1s on the front, don't do nothing for me), and i think they look amazing.

As long as you're happy with them. Personally I think they're way out of proportion and don't suit the soft lines of the car. I work in a Toyota garage and have seen loads of aftermarket wheels on Corollas.

The wheels scream at you, but the rest of the car is understated. Less is more in this case (if you don't want to seriously modify the car, they'll look out of place) and it'll definitely need lowering or else it'll be like it's on stilts.

I'd spend the money on a nice set of 16's and lowering springs. go for a factory T Sport look, rather than a Terra model with massive wheels look.

Here's a standard T Sport on 16's and with factory lowering (available from tte.de)
    75.jpg

was actually looking for multi-spoke rims, but when i saw these they just jumped out at me, and i'm all for less is more, but when something grabs you, sure you know yourself.

was looking for 16s too but got talked into goin for 17s by my girlfriends father!!!

now that i have you here, any tips for little mods to freshen it up? as i said before, nothing too loud (asides from the p1s :P), just trying to move it away from the base model look.

I'd be fitting a set of original Toyota fog lights, TTE rear spoiler, and lowering springs, as well as the 16" alloys. this would give it a clean subtle factory look. I really think those 17's aren't going to look good.
    The chrome rear garnish for the boot door looks quite good on a black Corolla
    (presuming yours is a 5 door hatchback)

• Advertisement

have the fog lights in my mind already, and was thinking about a spoiler, just not sure which one. yeah mines the black 5dr hatch in the pic above, how about factory skirts, valances, worth it or not?

thanks for all the help by the by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭scooby man

i loved my corrola will make a wrc corrola when work picks back up[99 corrola 2.0ltr 4x4 turbo:D

thebhoy wrote: »
    have the fog lights in my mind already, and was thinking about a spoiler, just not sure which one. yeah mines the black 5dr hatch in the pic above, how about factory skirts, valances, worth it or not?

thanks for all the help by the by.
    the Strata, Luna-06 and UK spec T3 models all had factory side skirts and rear bumper extensions. If you could find a crashed one you'd be in business. you could also poach things standard interior items like:
    carbon fibre (effect) centre console
    carbon fibre (effect) door trims
    blue seats
    Leather steering wheel

Here is a T3 model:
    ToyotaCorollaT320D4D.jpg
    203688485.jpg
    203688491.jpg

At this point, the question of upgrading your car to a D-4D T3 or Strata (no Luna diesels exist) model should be raised.

cheers, this has been an enlightening experience!
    must post back here when i get my fogs in, is it easy enough to focus them or should i seek the help of a mechanic?

focusing them isn't really an issue. don't worry too much. as long as they're mounted correctly they'll be ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement