Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian centres near UL

Options
  • 25-08-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm moving down to UL next week as a first year. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good (reasonably priced) places i could go for horse riding/jumping lessons. I do it at home and don't want to give it up for four years while im in UL. cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I'm moving down to UL next week as a first year. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good (reasonably priced) places i could go for horse riding/jumping lessons. I do it at home and don't want to give it up for four years while im in UL. cheers :D

The only one that I know of is in Clonshire Adare. I think UL equestrian train there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yep Clonshire in Adare is one of the top equestrian centres in the country. It holds many national showjumping events. Excellent facilities, you'll get all the prices on their website.

www.clonshire.com

Its located 9 miles from Limerick (an extra couple from UL) 1 mile off the N21 Limerick-Tralee road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

There's one in Clonlara near Killaloe too if I remember correctly one of my cousins used to/still goes there. I can try find out the name and post it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

http://www.clonlaraequestrian.com/asp/section.asp?s=1

My daughter goes there weekly for lessons. She's a few years into the sport at this stage and from memory is paying approx €20 per one-hours riding lesson. Friendly crew. She loves it. It's on the 'right' side of town for UL also, albeit further out. You'll need transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ballyshan

I used to ride in Clonshire when I was at UL and it was great and the staff were fantastic as well.I dont know whats its like at the minute though.It has been a while since I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

All I know is clonshire and that takes 45 mins to drive to from UL sometimes half an hour if you are lucky ;]

Advertisement