Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 3 rrod

Options
  • 25-08-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have gotten the dredded 3 rrod on my 360.

It was modded about 2 years ago and as such I cant send it back to Microsoft. Anyone know of anything I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

pm me and we can try to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This is going to sound like a pisstake, but its not.

I have a modded 360, and about 2 months ago it got the E74 error and it had to be sent back to Microsoft. The guy who modded my xbox was kind enough to place the warranty sticker back on my console, so i thought to myself, ill send it to them, see what happens.

10 days later i got my xbox back, good as new, with a 1 month free Live trial. And it was still modded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This is going to sound like a pisstake, but its not.

I have a modded 360, and about 2 months ago it got the E74 error and it had to be sent back to Microsoft. The guy who modded my xbox was kind enough to place the warranty sticker back on my console, so i thought to myself, ill send it to them, see what happens.

10 days later i got my xbox back, good as new, with a 1 month free Live trial. And it was still modded.

Ive heard a lot of stories like this.... however Ive heard also you run the risk of being done for warrenty fraud, this is very very rare but still a possibility

unless your 360 is out of warrenty, then no problems there, but you'll have to pay for the repair

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055674553

Try my post on there seeing as you have nothing to loose either :P

Advertisement