Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping on Old Burrin Road

Options
  • 25-08-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is driving me mad and I'm wondering if anyone else around the area is feeling the same? Up until about 2 months ago, there were recycling bottle banks across the road from Gala on the Burrin road but they were taken away due to cost and misuse (thats what the council told me anyway).

Ever since then, the spot has been used as a dumping ground for black\blue plastic bags by what I personally suspect are 1 or 2 offenders. Credit has to go to the council cos every week or so the dumped bags are taken away but its really annoying me because a lot of the dumping is taking place during the day! What are people like that they blatenly dump in a totally public place and during broad daylight.

I'd love to catch these people in the act and pass their number plate to the council and hopefully they'd be made an example of.

Thanks for listening to my rant!

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Removal of the banks may have something to do with our own complaints.

When councillors were canvassing we gave out stink to them about how the rubbish was been left there all the time and that it was up to them to do something about it.
    We got assured that something would be sorted for us.. low and behold a week later they came an removed the bottle banks.

Now I have not met the councillor in question but I will be given her a big piece of my mind when I do as to me the obvious solution was a mounted CCTV system, even if it was only a false one it would have deterred them I'd say.

Removing them was a stupid idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

By the way its Burrin rd, or as by the council maps put it "Paupish Lane".
    Old Burrin is the estate which was built a good few years ago on the road.

Obviously no offence meant, I'm just pointing it out...:D:D

Advertisement