Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keg

• 25-08-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Heya,
    A friend of mine is after getting a keg for my birthday and was just wondering if anyone knew the cheapest way of pouring it?
    thanks
    Paddy

sorry if this isnt the best place but people in here know everything fact :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

the cheapest way of pouring it?
    ....yep, bring it to my house, that way it'll cost you nothing !!!!!!!!:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can get cheap keg pumps online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Buy a Keg Opener

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Stab it with a strong knife near the bottom. Cover that with a bit of sellotape. To pour, remove tape.

Disclaimer: Might result in injury. By reading this you agree not to sue me if you get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭paddypender

whats a keg opener?
    completly no knowledge here what do i even need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Keg of what OP?
    really your gonna need gas and some sort of cooler or it'll be crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

whats a keg opener?

Something that opens kegs, duh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

whats a keg opener?

Go into your local pub and ask for one. If they dont have one themselves they should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

go back to where ye bought the keg and ask them for a cannister of gas for the keg and a cooler,without these it really is a wate of time ye even having it...they should be able to get ye goin and show ye how to set it up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I thought there were people who do this. They supply Kegs and equipment to pour it...

Which makes me wonder about how you came into possession of said keg...

Maybe your story should have read more like;

"So I was coming home from the boozer and the guinness man was after making a delivery. I thought, hey, isn't it Anto's birthday next weekend? I'll roll one of these home and we, with the help of boardsies, will figure a way of getting it out of the keg!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There was an episode of That 70's Show about this, they found it on the side of the road.

Thief!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mickos wrote: »
    Keg of what OP?
    really your gonna need gas and some sort of cooler or it'll be crap.

Yup. These are necessary. Without it the pints will be crap, with it they'll be awesome (probably the best pints you'll ever have).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone ever tricked into buying one of those mini-kegs at the off licence?
    They come with their own little tap thingy and turn out crap pint after crap pint until you just wish you bought enough tequila to forget about the whole stupid tap thing and the crazy keg idea in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I saw keg pumps in Lidl this Monday. Around 30 euro I think. I'd say they still have them.

Bring a man to a pub and he'll drink for a day. Give him a keg pump and he'll drink for a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone ever tricked into buying one of those mini-kegs at the off licence?
    They come with their own little tap thingy and turn out crap pint after crap pint until you just wish you bought enough tequila to forget about the whole stupid tap thing and the crazy keg idea in the first place.

You just can't pull a pint :p

.... plus Heineken is muck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

ShooterSF wrote: »
    .... plus Heineken is muck anyway.

Take that back kind sir :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

RHunce wrote: »
    Take that back kind sir :pac:

How about we just put aside our differences and agree Budweiser is fizzy urine?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

phasers wrote: »
    There was an episode of That 70's Show about this, they found it on the side of the road.

Thief!

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You can get a little hand pump for them, the pints will be flat and warm though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

ShooterSF wrote: »
    How about we just put aside our differences and agree Budweiser is fizzy urine?

I'd be glad to. Lol

The after taste of budweiser is worse then a kick up the hole on a cold Sunday morning in January :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ah yes "getting a keg for your birthday"..with no pump or gas or anything..it happens me all the time...the trucks should really just drive through red lights like they do in south africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

1)Take off the plastic lid and you will see a small metal ring with a 2cm dimeter

2) Stand over the keg and open your mouth about 1ft above this ring

3) Push the ring down hard with both thumbs

4) Cry "my eyes, my fcukin eyes!"

5) Get mop

6) Change clothes

Or

Get large bore drill and two hefty friends - shotgun keg - call doctor

Or

Call someone to provide gas, a cooler and a tap fill the cooler with water and plug in for at least 8 hours. Allow the keg to settle then attach tap and pour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Try
    Here
    Here
    And Here

Fast forward 7 hours...

Then Here answering some tough questions about who "gave you" the keg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

anyone knew the cheapest way of pouring it?

hire a polish barman.

Advertisement