Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which airsoft sniper rifle is the best for long range?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I want to buy a good airsoft sniper rifle but dont know what to go for?? any feed back would be great .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

I want to buy a good airsoft sniper rifle but dont know what to go for?? any feed back would be great .

Are you actually going to be skirmishing with it or just shooting targets in your back garden. If you have never owned an airsoft before and are thinking of going skirmishing I would reccomend getting an electric assault rifle as these are good for starting out being a sniper in airsoft is quite hard but if youre only using it for targets in your back garden then thats a differant story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 irishdude007

i got the AEG G36C to start off with and would like to have a good sniper rifle to have and use at skirmishing from time to time .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Tokyo marui vsr series rifles have a great hop up which means great range, if i was buying an airsoft sniper rifle tomorrow i'd get one of those

Ok well I cant really give you much help on snipers as I own none but I just wanted to make sure if you werent a beginner as they arent great for beginners.

no problem lordhogo..........thanks anyway , ye i heard they were good zero...ill have a look online and see what is out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

vsr or bar 10 are excelent for range due to thier hop design. With work the l96s can be even better. Although the press is out on the new a&k svd... I'm testing them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

The cheaper alternative to the VSR is a JG BAR 10, good piece of kit, plenty of potential, upgrades and all. There's numerous "which sniper" threads here if you wanna read them, also firekitten wrote a piece on sniping that you'd wanna read before you go down the snipers path

Nice one lads.ill read that piece that firekitten wrote and thanks firekitten yethe svd rifles look great ...would not mind getting one when they come out in the stores in dublin.

SEAirsoft stock them and Cork airsoft, and both will post to dublin for the same price that dublin stores charge... Most in stock SVD's are down south... not up in dub.

nice one firekitten.ill check it out.........do you know how much they are going for??....sorry for the late reply..had visitors.....

• Advertisement

around 170 last I saw...

ok..thanks for your help..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

The most popular decent sniper riffle is the L96, which is around 160 and comes with a scope.

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=543

Moromaster wrote: »
    The most popular decent sniper riffle is the L96, which is around 160 and comes with a scope.

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=543
    no, its not.

Hi Guys.........Ye i was actually looking at the L26 sniper rifle last night and going by the reports its a very accurate gun or the KJM700 RECOMMENDED by airsofteire.

l26?

As for the KJW m700... I'd really not... its 550fps on green, and not that much lower on 134a... unless you plan to use it as an expensive blowpipe, its not going to be remotely legal, and gas guns are hard to downgrade 'right'. Upgrading them is easy enough... better precision parts, replace seals and o rings and increase compression... reducing that compression is rather hard to get right... ie, where to do so, and how.... I might point out if you buy it off them it ought to be under 328, or id not even look at it... fair does if they can get it under that though... but its a rifle that suffers at lower fps for the record... the l96 is better, although the best of the sniper rifles is the vsr/bar family out of the box, and at 328 fps... 99% of reviews for these rifles are NOT at 328 fps by the way.... and that is a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Defintley TM VSR no doubt no questions no pointless this is better thats not good- out the box its perfect no need to change hop ups barrells etc etc etc just load the mag cock it have fun!!!! Or get an M14 :):):) But make sure single shot works...
    S..

yep, having sem auto/ working trigger does help Geordie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I've ordered a L96 Sniper and I'm reading through here and seeing that the TM VSR is better, should I change my order?

Depends... if you like it, get it. The vsr/bar10 are good... but both guns can perform excently... the v sr is just better at lower fps in my opninion thanks to the hop design...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I'll give it a shot (oh look a pun! :rolleyes: )

Since I haven't used the vsr/bar10 I won't be able to actually compare the L96 with it so I should be happy with my purchase and check out the vsr/bar10 later on down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

the vsr g-spec is also far more quiet than the l96's and whatnot so it does help a lot
    and a bit lighter for those of us who play cod all day :D

Firekitten wrote: »
    yep, having sem auto/ working trigger does help Geordie ;)

Thats why i keep a McDonalds straw and a bag off bb's as my back up blow pipe?????
    S..

gungun wrote: »
    the vsr g-spec is also far more quiet than the l96's and whatnot so it does help a lot
    and a bit lighter for those of us who play cod all day :D
    I'm a girl and I can handle a maruzen l96... sissy!

Tbh, any gun can be quiet... my l96 had some internal modifications, and a silencer adaptor fitted... with a shortish silencer, its whisper quiet, and again, SILENT bar the trigger spring hitting hte gas release valve when I use a gas bolt hehe :D simples

Georgie: nah. that's because you're a slob and dont clean your pockets ;)

Dont clean anything not just ppockets!!! And sorry for being off thread but I once blew a bb through a chrono with a McD straw and it was about 460 ish is this illegal to use as its not actually a RIF??????
    S..

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i guess i should have said quieter in stock form:pac:(the silencer counts as stock:D) but yeah i guess if you get all the bits and bobs you can get anything quieter
    and a sissy? i guess now i really WILL have to start wearing a tracksuit to skimishes:rolleyes:

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Dont clean anything not just ppockets!!! And sorry for being off thread but I once blew a bb through a chrono with a McD straw and it was about 460 ish is this illegal to use as its not actually a RIF??????
    S..
    It cant possibly be that strong by just blowing it through a straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Firekitten wrote: »
    Depends... if you like it, get it. The vsr/bar10 are good... but both guns can perform excently... the v sr is just better at lower fps in my opninion thanks to the hop design...

Hi Kitty if you are a fan of TM hop up how do you rate the PSG-1

Lordhogo wrote: »
    It cant possibly be that strong by just blowing it through a straw.

Try it Bud..
    S..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Smokerkl wrote: »
    S..

with .2g bb's??

Advertisement