Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Like...

Options
  • 25-08-2009 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Does Anyone else here like Super Smash Bros.? I love it! I have all the three games from the original to Brawl. They're all great :pac::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Wrong section m8, this areas for fighting games :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more interest in SSBB. Seems like a fun enough if wacky game. Suppose being on the Wii and its crappy networking capabilities really don't help build an online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I loved the first one - one of the best party games out there. Haven't played the others but they look to be following the same vein as the others.

From a more competitive angle I think there is a lot there that could be interesting to learn, however when you have to turn off an aspect of the game to make it competitive then it makes... I can't verbalise what I want to say but I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

As HUMYA said, it's a party game. I'd never take it as seriously as I do SF but it's good post-pub fun with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The problem with Smash has been, and will always be, the community -- they can't seem to agree on ANYTHING*

Whether it's the usage of items (On/Off/Limited), stages allowed (only flat/only certain stages/all/etc), or hell -- even WHICH VERSION OF THE GAME.
    And I'm not talking "Do we play SFAlpha2 or Alpha 2 Gold" here -- they went and hacked the code to change the way the game's characters fall, attack, etc.

Then they (the community) made TWO different versions - Brawl+ and Brawl Tournament, or something retarded like that.

So yeah, fvck that noise. L2P true-2D, scrubs.

*but then again -- Smash Bros are the biggest-selling console fighters of all time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Smash is a great fighting game, much more depth to it than people who don't play it realise. Played everything from 64 to brawl and every iteration has been quality. The guys who made brawl+ need to be shot for trying to divide the community. If you dont like natural evolution of games with sequels, and dont like brawl, play melee. Don't moan to everyone who will listen and then butcher the game.

Brawl has some balance issues tho. The cast is large, but if I see another meta knight itll be too soon. I play Yoshi in brawl, hes very low tier but I usually win anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Yes fantastic game. Havent played since the n64 version though.
    I'd deffinitely stick it in the fighting games section, albeit a platform fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Bag

yer I dont have a n64 but I downloaded the original on VC ;) get it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Melee is a damn good game for both casual random four player fun and for serious 1v1 games.

Didn't like Brawl myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The thing is Smash Bros. is not meant to be taken seriously. It's a game to be played with mates and lots of beer. Unfortunately some girls can't seem to get past the craziness and ignore it and it's back to ****ty wii bowling. I absolutely loved every incarnation of the game and really like brawl although I think melee got the most play.

I think retronauts said it wasn't really a true beat'em up and more a competitive platform game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Are they the same girls that also beat you at SF? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've no problems with Smash, nor do I have any interest in it really. Liked the N64 version and melee, but wouldn't consider them the same as other 2D fighters - I do agree with Kirby though that they're a lot deeper than most people shrug them off as.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A-Trak wrote: »
    Are they the same girls that also beat you at SF? ;)

She went back to California 2 weeks ago. The other girls still can't beat me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I have it myself but I can't bring myself to part away from any Street Fighters (saying this I havn't played ANY games on the Wii for a long time). It certainly is a big deal in the States and has it's own pros and stuff. As far as I know Meta Knight is a banned character for balance reasons. I can imagine it being certainly a refreshing fun wind down after some serious SF action!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

So yeah, fvck that noise. L2P true-2D, scrubs.

*but then again -- Smash Bros are the biggest-selling console fighters of all time

Isn't the Sims the best selling PC game of all time?

I rest my case. :cool:

hehehe, nah I'm just kidding. I only ever played the game once. I've no opinion on it, just taking the piss outta that whole traditional attitude SF fans have that smash isnt even a fighting game :p

:D

Advertisement