Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bikini line "hard" wax

• 25-08-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I'm looking for a beautician in South Dublin that uses the "hard" wax for waxing the bikini-line. It's the type that doesn't require strips....the wax itself hardens on contact with the skin and can be pulled off (ouch!)

Anyone have suggestions, everywhere i call seems to use the sticky stuff with the strips. The cheaper the better obviously!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Brazillia and UrbanWax both use it. Brazillia is cheaper and they've a salon in Sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

Free Spirit in the IFSC, just got it done in there last week but the wax was boiling and burnt my leg - very painful! Saying that, though, she gave me nearly a brazilian and only charged me €20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I go to Ellen at Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire. Been going since they opened (about a year ago I think?) and have literally no complaints. :) They have that peelable wax you mentioned and dont try to force you to buy products you dont need :rolleyes: which is refreshing :)

In the past with other salons I've been:

*left covered in bruises/blood/lumps of wax and hair :eek:
    *made to feel like they're doing me a huge favor by giving me an appointment :rolleyes: (you're not a rockstar luv, its your job to book people in!)
    *had uneven waxes/patches of hair left
    *had a "short back and sizes" and been charged 55 for a "brazillian" :eek:

So yeah I'm pretty happy with waxperts and wont be movng any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brenda09

Urban Wax use caron wax, I think its on Wicklow Street.

Advertisement