Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edible pearls

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi does anyone know where i might be able to get white edible pearls for a wedding cake im making,i have tried some cake supplies sites most of them are in the states or england was hoping to get them here,i have also tried all the supermarkets with no luck,just the babble thingies you get for a xmas cake these are needed before oct thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

You can easily make these pearls yourself. It's much cheaper that way - just make (or mould) the beads of white fondant and brush them with edible pearl dust colour. At least nobody will break their teeth on the "edible cake jewllery" that way :)

If you still want commercial edible "pearls" - you can buy them online here - http://www.apieceofcakethame.co.uk/view_products.aspx?txtSearch=pearl&x=65&y=12
    Dragees - Pearlised
    30g. 4mm. Now in 3 colours - Ivory, Pink or Blue

That's a big online sugarcraft shop - I use it all the time and just adore it. The postage is about 3.50 for a parcel upto 500 g. Delivery is very quick. If you order on Monday-Tuesday, you'll usually get your goods by the weekend.

If you still prefer to shop in Ireland you could still try "Kitchen Compliments" in the center of Dublin or "Cakebox" in Dun Laoghaire. Or Decobake in Clane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Here do lots of cake related items:

Name: Delias Kitchen Shop
    Address: 3 Careys Lane, Cork, Phone: (021) 4271982

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You could get them in Decobake which is in Clane and stocks just about anything you'll need for the job

Advertisement