Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between HSPA and 3G?

• 25-08-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm setting up a HTC Hero and I've noticed that the mobile network symbol is some arrows with the letter H at the top, for HSPA according to the manual. How's this different from 3G, which it should be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Kahnyl wrote: »
    I'm setting up a HTC Hero and I've noticed that the mobile network symbol is some arrows with the letter H at the top, for HSPA according to the manual. How's this different from 3G, which it should be?

HSPA is faster. It's an add on to a 3G network if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

HSPA is also known as 3.5G, due to it's close link to 3G, and currently offers speeds up to 14.4 Mbps; depending on the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

Oh OK. I guess it's working fine then. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm looking at this phone, Can I ask what network your on and how are you finding this handset?

Advertisement