Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailors Inn

• 25-08-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

What's the story here? €3.50 all drinks all day and the place is always empty? Me and the missus always go there cuz the drinks are so cheap (and so are we :D), but sometimes we're the only ones there, on a Friday night?!? I thought that a place like that would be packed...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Never heard of it!

Where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Tis about 3 doors up from the cinema in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Didn't notice it was there either. They could give it a snappier name for starters. Still, no arguing with 3.50 drinks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't know it existed either, is it the old El Paso?

Clareman wrote: »
    I didn't know it existed either, is it the old El Paso?

Tis indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Oh right. Well I tend to steer clear of that place because when it was Shenanigans the customers were pretty rough. The atmosphere was kind of hostile somehow. Might just be me. Had an incident where a guy threatened me and threw a pint over me yeeeeears ago when it was El Paso's so maybe it's just in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Only the local pi$sheads go there. I wouldn't be seen dead in the place, always hated it even when it was Shennagins.

What is it about a certain location, it just keeps drawing back to same base no matter what the name changes too?

Its the same for "All Bar One", another local for macho larger langers to hang out.

Old El Paso??

Think i'll pass.

Wouldn't drink in there if they were giving it away for free.:D

Didn't realise it had such a bad rep. Tbh, wont put me off €3.50 pints, its not like the place is rough, what with it being empty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 celticview09

far as i know guyz pub is closed. Going to be opened by new management as a trad pub like dirty nellys. Think lads from rogues bar around the corner have taken it. Should be good food :D

• Advertisement

Not surprised, did absolutely no business, which I could never figure out since drinks were so cheap. Boo urns is all i can say :)

any bar that does cheap drink gonna bring in rough crowd, no matter what new owners do it cant be as bad as tailors inn. How hard can it be, when you pay thousands in refurbishment to get good security.

my mate works in bar in town says it be open as new place in 2 weeks. Ennis could do with another decent bar, enough crap ones there as it is :P

any bar that does cheap drink gonna bring in rough crowd,

Well, lets hope for expensive pints then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

El Paso was a rough joint, full of celtic jersey wearing scumbags most of the time

id prefer to pay 4 euro a pint in a place i could chill out than 3.50 a pint with what Hawk rightly described as full of "celtic jersey wearing scumbags". Where does best guinness in town ? Had a pint in Cruises the other day was crap :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Cruises is normally fairly good.....but John O Dea pulls the consistantly best pints of plain in town.....:D

Quinns in the market or so I'm told;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Lava Kenny has the best pints in town

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Lava Kenny has the best pints in town
    Do any women go there? It looks like a real man bar for men men.

Advertisement