Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - need 12mg line in Rathfarnham Dub 14 asap help

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi there,

My business is opening on friday, but cant open the doors without a 12mg line. Its needed to run the tills and pc's etc.

I phoned Eircom, and we are too far from the ballyboden exchange for any more than 4mg. Currently on a 3mg line with them. Ive tried BT, magnet, and they all go through the same exchange..

Digiweb will do it, as its satalite BB. However its quite expensive - more expensive for them to transmit they tell me. But I have heard bad things about satalite BB, the weather and other factors can affect the speed.

Can anyone suggest who I could try?

Our business is located in Rathfarnham Shopping Centre, Dublin 14.

Also I have tried UPC, but they dont do industials estates or shopping centres. THey did a site survey for me, but said they would have to dig up the road and it would be too expensive :(

*HELP*

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Digiweb Metro ( NOT satellite) is what you need if you are too far from the exchange for DSL

http://www.digiweb.ie/business/products/connectivity/broadband/metro/index.html

WTF do you need 12mbits for if you are running tills etc . Surely 2-4 is perfectly fine unless you are streaming security video or something loony like that ????

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Digiweb Metro ( NOT satellite) is what you need if you are too far from the exchange for DSL

http://www.digiweb.ie/business/products/connectivity/broadband/metro/index.html

WTF do you need 12mbits for if you are running tills etc . Surely 2-4 is perfectly fine unless you are streaming security video or something loony like that ????

We are live streaming a 52" plasma TV, and live streaming software..

I thought it was a bit much myself, but without it, Im told will not work.

Cool, Ill try metro thanks mate.

Sorry to be think, how does it work if its not satalite?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Licenced Wireless , ie not using free frequencies . Very low latency and suitable for streaming ...which is what I suspected you were at. You should try to get them out asap so order tonight and ring them tomorrow .

Get the GPS co ordinates of the roof of the building using this thing here

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

double click and double click till you are right on the roof ( press hybrid for photos and map )

The long and lat appears underneath. Make sure you include it in the order

Luxury bookies are ya :D ???

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Licenced Wireless , ie not using free frequencies . Very low latency and suitable for streaming ...which is what I suspected you were at. You should try to get them out asap so order tonight and ring them tomorrow .

Get the GPS co ordinates of the roof of the building using this thing here

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

double click and double click till you are right on the roof ( press hybrid for photos and map )

The long and lat appears underneath. Make sure you include it in the order

Luxury bookies are ya :D ???

Fair play mate, Bookies no LOL

Mobile phones yes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

buzz wrote: »
    We are live streaming a 52" plasma TV, and live streaming software..

I thought it was a bit much myself, but without it, Im told will not work.

Cool, Ill try metro thanks mate.

Sorry to be think, how does it work if its not satalite?

What are you streaming? The size of the screen is not important the data remains the same, its the resolution and compression of the streaming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement