Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Pub/Club combo for a night out

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Just wondering what is he best combo of pub and club for a cheap night out
    student offers ect

oh and sure if anyone knows a good off licence throw in a mention:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Coyotes is pretty cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Coyotes is pretty cheap

Ya I know thats where I normaly head but to be honest its easy to get bored with coyotes

:mad:Its always full of a group of american tourists who dont know what drink they want:mad:

seriously this happened to me last week I was 15mins waiting for a drink:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Hole in the Wall/Fibbers then Club K/Coyotes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cans before you go out

2 hip flasks into any pub/club

Sorted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Wasn't there a place back West that was supposed to have the cheapest pint in Galway city. Think City Tribune did a price survey. Can't think of which one it was though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hole in the Wall/Fibbers then Club K/Coyotes

Thats what I would have said. I frequent in neither though.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The new thing in Galway is Tight Arse Tuesday, Pitchers of beer in The Cellar for €5 and then on to Club K for €4.50 Dbl Vodka & Red Bulls, a nice clientele in both places on this night be prepared for both places to be packed!

dec25532 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a place back West that was supposed to have the cheapest pint in Galway city. Think City Tribune did a price survey. Can't think of which one it was though?

The old Forge - It's basicly a big sitting room with a bar... i'd prefer to just pay more and go to an actual pub. It's also a very 'local' spot

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Eyre Square - bottle of buckfast. Cuba (free in) - girlfriend with lots of vodka stashed in her handbag.

always good fun.

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    Eyre Square - bottle of buckfast. Cuba (free in) - girlfriend with lots of vodka stashed in her handbag.

always good fun.

Great minds think alike :D But if you don't want to go out with the nagging girlfriend, just invest in a hip flask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Great minds think alike :D But if you don't want to go out with the nagging girlfriend, just invest in a hip flask!

sure whats the point just buy 2 naggins , the bottles are kinda curved so they fit perfectly upagainst your leg down your socks:cool:

I usualy go to cps but they are so expensive

€5 single vodka nd blackcurrent
    €10 double vodka nd blackcurrent

the only good value drink is bottle of corona with a slice of lime €3:p

Secoundrow wrote: »
    sure whats the point just buy 2 naggins , the bottles are kinda curved so they fit perfectly upagainst your leg down your socks:cool:

Hip flasks are the way forward. Naggins are a pain in your pocket compared to flasks and dont have a big cap sticking out. I dont even notice the flask in my pocket anymore. Also you can buy bigger bottles to fill the flask which is cheaper or like me if you want jager you need to buy a big bottle as far as I know.

I almost always bring a flask even if I think I might stay on pints etc as its just so handy in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Although i tend to run far from both Hole In The Wall then Club K is the cheapest opion with maybe Goalpost thrown in the mix during student terms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Where the feck is the goal posts? it's hardly that auld mans pub beside the offie?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

JohnCleary wrote: »

You can purchase hip flasks on ebay for around €2 delivered. Great investment and if you buy two, the postage is the same. It's the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Seaneh wrote: »
    Where the feck is the goal posts? it's hardly that auld mans pub beside the offie?

Its on Wood quay, next door to an auld man pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Launching a BETA website that will concentrate on good nights out in Galway, if all goes well with it hopefully people will be able to find an array of nights out different combos (Think the Rss feed on it would be pretty cool if enough people start suggesting nights out!
    www.galwayuncovered.com

Advertisement