Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13 stolen vehicles found in car park

• 25-08-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

This thread came to mind when I read the following story, I didn't know you got you car back since, anyway it looks like 13 stolen cars were recovered, good work guards.

13 stolen vehicles found in car park

Some 13 stolen vehicles were unexpectedly recovered in an underground car park today when gardaí went to check one suspect car.

Gardaí believe they have uncovered a significant car theft ring which has stolen a number of vehicles in recent weeks.

The cars - worth an estimated €130,000 - included two 4x4s and a range of family saloons and hatchbacks.

Detectives are investigating if a major criminal gang are behind the find at Mill Court apartments from Baltinglass, Co Wicklow, at noon.

One garda said officers were called out to check one car and soon realised it, and a second, had been stolen.

“The gardaí went to review all the cars and that led to the whole thing,” he said.

It emerged all 13 vehicles had been taken, along with the keys, during a spate of burglaries across the south Dublin, west Dublin and Kildare areas since the end of July.

“We don’t know if there is a big gang link to this,” said one Garda.

“All avenues are being explored. We haven’t any idea what they were going to do with them.” The cars, with registrations which date range from 2005 to 2009, have been removed for a forensic examination.

The Mill is a waterfront development overlooking the River Slaney at the gateway to Baltinglass town.

Officers will speak to residents in the development as they try and trace the whereabouts of those who have secured the parking spaces.

Detectives have appealed for any member of the public with information, or who saw anything in Mill Court underground car park during the past month, to come forward.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0825/breaking65.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

saw that today - I think their numbers are a bit off though - cars with an average value of €10k? I'd say thieves would be after motors north of €25k at least.

I presume they were just left there for a couple of weeks to "cool off" and ensure no trackers etc were fitted. How many more of these types of locations are around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Moved to new thread

I'm sure the op of the other thread would rather it not bumped up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

would the gards not have staked the place out and see if anyone dropped off another car? and trackers? why park a car you suspected having a tracker beside all the other cars you stolen. quite odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'll just lock this one. Link to the other above

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement