Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget gaming pc

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

hi all. complete noob here when it comes to building pcs.
    i need a new gaming pc but im on a very tight budget. i dont want something that runs crysis on full specs, i just want to be able to play battlefield 2, counter strike and world of warcraft at full settings. Buying online isn't really an option, i need to be able to go to maplin, pc world, etc and pick up the bits.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What kind of budget are we looking at? And does it include monitor, OS etc.

Do you mind me asking why online isn't an option, because I really don't know of any worthwhile walk in stores to get good quality value PC components in dublin. If it is a lack of a suitable daytime delivery address the next best option is to order on line and pickup directy from someone like Komplett or Elara?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Expect to pay double or even triple for the same spec if buying from retailers. Its a really bad idea :o If you absolutely have to buy offline I'd recommend getting the parts or (even better) a full system from Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

i dont need a monitor. operating system, doesn't really matter to me.
    ok then, i suppose i am ordering online!

budget wise.... i dont really know, would 400 get me something decent? even less if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Like how he says in the description "I played Crysis with medium settings and it was really ok"

it was really ok.....

HONEST!!!

For all the gear with it....
    It's a pretty good price.
    The graphics card and processor hold it back when playing newer games but would be fine for what you want it to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

the one I have for sale for €200 will play those games full settings no problem:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=140930&cat=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

that will be fine, at a later stage you can perhaps add a decent graphics card or overclock the processor.

Advertisement