Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Pre Registered Tutorial Time

Options
  • 25-08-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I am a first year Social Science (mature student) and have noticed that I have been pre-enrolled for tutorials for one module - is it possible to change this time to one of the other tutorial times to suit my schedule or do you have to stick with what you have been given - how obliging are the programme offices? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Go to the lecturer rather than the programme office for this...

Don't know about social science but in real science (:P)we just head to what ever tutorial we want...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Programme office won't be much help. Call up to the relevant office and have a chat to them about the time for which you've been registered.

However, unless there's a really good reason why you can't attend. They won't change it for any old reason, such as it's too early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I had a Math Science Tutorial changed last year and I went to the programme office and told them that due to travel restrictions the tutorial didn't suit and they changed it for me so my timetable showed a different time, but you could change it yourself by just attending another one but I lost marks for that last year because I went to a tutorial I wasn't assigned to and the lecturer didn't add my cont assesment marks in for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yeah, it's really important to go to the class you're assigned as you could miss out on valuable attendance marks not to mention the possibility of not having assignments graded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Can't you change your tutorial time when you're registering or are they all full?

• Advertisement
Advertisement