Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Scavenger Hunt

• 25-08-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi There,

I'm trying to put together a list of clues for a Scavenger Hunt around Waterford City and say a 2 mile radius around it. It's going to be on foot and for adults. Some of the things I want to incorporate in it are some of the local delights, like our special terms here - shellakybooky, blaa's, red lead etc.
    I'd also like to get in some facts about the place like the two cathedrals being built by the same man and get people to appreciate what's on their doorstep.
    I'm thinking of doing it in a checklist format rather then hiding clues all over the place and have people check off things or need things from the clue to get to the next place.
    I'm looking for ideas of things to include and/or any cryptic clues for (in)famous places about the town - all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks boy :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

great idea in fairness. I'll sleep on it and post couple of ideas up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

One idea I came up with.
    Seeing as everyone now has a camera on their phone you could get them to take a photo of something specific around the city. Maybe some of those blue plaques that mark places of historical interest.

mickf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Maybe some of these may help .
    I use spoilers so people may try them out.

Murdered , Students prize .
    Home of speedy colours.
    Kilcohan Dog Track

Since our time began this fat boy has stood proud
    Reginald's Tower

The oldest of many ,where to our local sounds , our distant cousins now flock .
    T&H Doolans

This blind lady can still see the beauty of her surroundings .
    Court House

New buildings do not overshadow or quieten the fond memories of our childhood trips
    Railway Square

It may be quiet now ,but its clear beauty and skill are still here for all to see.
    Waterford Crystal

No television , No mobiles, but its own famous number.
    Downes Pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 poptart007

Thanks a million for all the ideas so far - these will definitely keep people going for a while.

As for the camera phones, was thinking about using that for some of the clues but don't want to depend on them as in the past we've tried to use them in other locations (albeit a wee bit more isolated then town) and they've caused delays in people getting their next clue hence the wanting to arm people with a list and let them follow their own route :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

With the phones, I was thinking more along the lines of giving them clues to a number of places in advance and then instead of bringing something back they could use the photos as proof that they did get there. They wouldn't be required to send them during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 poptart007

As soon as I pressed send I thought of that Bluesfan :)

Advertisement