Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me deal with a rogue hosting provider

Options
  • 25-08-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi all,

I registered my domain agc-it.com in Feb 2009 and although it was working fine for the first 2 months I received hickups and downtime on my website quite often. When I tried to contact support the guy was not "available". After multiple times of contacting the hoster both via email / facebook and phone I decided I had to move my domain name somewhere else. Now I configured a dyndns account and requested the hoster to move my domain over to the dyndns name servers but he doesn't reply , doesn't answer calls he just disappeared but finds time to play games on facebook. I really want to keep my domain because i spend a good amount on marketing etc etc already.

Any ideas what i can do ? When i try to transfer dyndns says that the domain is locked.

The Hoster is : Aymane Remmal
    The Hosting company : https://www.monhosteur.com/
    The Domain name is : http://www.agc-it.com/

My site has been down for the last two days now and I am really stuck..

Any advice is very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

theh wrote: »
    The Domain name is agc-it.com
    Apparently the domain is not registered to you unless you are the hoster. The WHOIS data on the domain name shows it is registered to someone in Morocco. A bit of a long way to go for hosting.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

jmcc wrote: »
    Apparently the domain is not registered to you unless you are the hoster. The WHOIS data on the domain name shows it is registered to someone in Morocco. A bit of a long way to go for hosting.

Regards...jmcc

Indeed , i went for it cause i thought the servers were based on france and it was accepting moneybookers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Bad move. Is it an Irish company you own? Then it should be on an irish server if you want to attract the irish people due to the search engines. Send them the ICANN rules which should get them worried. As far as i know ICANN will be the people who can put them out of business as they are breaking their rules.

Advertisement