Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mk1.5 Focus nuked remote, cheap replacement?

• 25-08-2009 8:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I am now the proud owner of a pwned Focus RF keyfob :( Don't have a clue how it happened, was getting marginal then it stopped working altogether. Opened it up... two of the three microswitches seem to have disintegrated :o Even worse, the rubbery bit of one of the two switches and whatever component was soldered in at the bottom of the PCB (SMD capacitor? Several others on the PCB...) have disappeared entirely :eek:

So unless there's an electronics guru with a working knowledge of Ford Focus keyfobs here I guess I'm stuck trying to get a replacement off eGay :(

Two important questions:

1. How do I get one for an old 02 Focus? Most of the ones on eGay claim they're for Mk2.5 Focuses (06-09) only. But they look physically identical. Anyone have a clue about this or the location of any important identifiers I need to know/match?

2. I nothiced that while blades come seperately, remotes always have an uncut, unprogrammed blade with them. But the blade is a seperate unit - can I use my working key blade on the current remote, or will I have to use the blade that comes with the new remote and program it myself (have two keys myself)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

You can keep your existing blade. However I think the transponder for the immobiliser is in the fob bit, so you need to swap that over too.

You can programme the fob yourself, but I forget how. Instructions are in the owners manual though! There are seperate methods of programming the fob and the immobiliser chip, both can be done by the owner.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

maidhc wrote:
    Instructions are in the owners manual though!

Nope, only keyblade programming is covered. Plenty of guides on the web for the remote programming though.

However I think the transponder for the immobiliser is in the fob bit, so you need to swap that over too.

:eek:

But I thought the facelift models had the modern integrated immobiliser built in (which doesn't need a seperate transponder just for it), not the pre-02 hack-job immobiliser (not a part of the standard engine electronics, thus needing a seperate signal).

If it does need the seperate bit I'm guessing that the mystery component that's fallen out is the transponder, so I'm rightly ****ed. Don't have €300-500 for a main stealer to set up a new remote so I'm gonna have to live without any wireless functions. Lifting heavy weights in and out of the car solo has just got a lot more interesting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I got a Renault key card repaired for 100e at Autokey (autokey.ie). they might be able to help you!

Advertisement