Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does freshers week start

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

What date, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

14th to 18th is the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yep, starts the 2nd week of term. MB mentioned the dates, tho the Sports Expo only runs from Mon-Thur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeruda

I'm confused...
    What's the difference between freshers week and orientation week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 UCDHEADER

Im not totally sure but i think orientation week is jus to get us settled into the surroundings while freshers week is made up of events for us to enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Freshers week is when all the socs have stands and you get to join up etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Fresher's week is meant to be the week you join all the societies you want. There is a tent set up with all the societies stands.

Orientation is just to get to know the place and meet your classmates for the first time before lectures start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeruda

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

anyone know who organises the tent and/or who do I contact to setup a stall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Here I made a map (well annoted an existing ucd one), that shows the location of the freshers tent in ucd, it might be a bit blurry but you get the idea.
    picture.php?albumid=729&pictureid=3708

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dhaddock wrote: »
    anyone know who organises the tent and/or who do I contact to setup a stall?

At the Freshers tent? You contact Richard Butler but you have to be a registered society and even at that its still a push (it takes months to move an extra table in). Judging by the fact that you dont know who Richard Butler is your probably not. If you are a society auditor, auditor training is this weekend so get the lead out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Dunno if its the same for societies, but for clubs, theres normally a form you fill out in April/May...

Advertisement