Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eye cinema broken in

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

eye cinema broken in and thats why its closed 2day a friend told me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

its about time it was broken in!

http://www.galwaynews.ie/8585-thousands-euro-damage-caused-city-cinema
    Tue 25th August 2009
    A screen in the 'EYE cinema' in Wellpark in the city is closed and thousands of euro in damage caused as a result of vandalism.

It's understood a gang went into a theatre and ripped a section off a screen last night.

No one was arrested, and Milstreet Gardaí are appealing for anyone with information to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

coldwood92 wrote: »

Was it you?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Text speak causes vandalism I heard.

Ripped a section of a screen, wtf? "C'mon lads, I got this great idea for my new HES"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Your friend aint the most reliable source. Cinema was open, business as usual. Was in watching Inglorious Basterds today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hmmmmm...... that sentence has guilty written all over it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I just can't understand the mentality of people who do things like this. I mean, if you're gonna break in somewhere and cause damage, you'd may aswell at least gain something from it (ie. robbery); but pointless vandalism... what's the feckin' point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Your friend aint the most reliable source. Cinema was open, business as usual. Was in watching Inglorious Basterds today.
    he didn't know if was true he just heard it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Was it you?
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 HomeAccount

Whats scariest about this whole business is that those kids brought a knife to the cinema. What sort of child does this? And then goes about causing such vandalism.

• Advertisement

Whats scariest about this whole business is that those kids brought a knife to the cinema. What sort of child does this? And then goes about causing such vandalism.

1) What makes you think it was kids?
    2) May not have been a knife, could have been anything, all you'd need to do is put a little hole in one of those cinema screens and you could rip it then

JohnCleary wrote: »
    1) What makes you think it was kids?
    2) May not have been a knife, could have been anything, all you'd need to do is put a little hole in one of those cinema screens and you could rip it then
    is there really much point picking at his post? like seriously.

i'd put 50euro on it being kids with something sharp like a knife. it's more likely to be that than a 30yr old business man with a drill to put a hole in the screen and a hook to put in the hole and rip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

what's the feckin' point?

It's a tome buzz??

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

I'm not one to point fingers BUT the omniplex has been losing a lot of business since the eye was developed.... :rolleyes:

is there really much point picking at his post? like seriously.
    Seriously like, there is! This is boards, not the Sophisticated Debating Society

KevR wrote: »
    It's a tome buzz??
    like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Why would someone do this? mindless vandalisim what is the point?I also do not understand the mentality of the insolent little cretins who do this sort of thing.

like! :D

Funny because it's true.

"Tome buzz ripping this screen like!!"

Although I shouldn't make fun, I sometimes use that word (although I'm not a scumbag). It's just so Galway, I love it. :cool:

KevR wrote: »
    Funny because it's true.

"Tome buzz ripping this screen like!!"

Although I shouldn't make fun, I sometimes use that word (although I'm not a scumbag). It's just so Galway, I love it. :cool:

Haven't heard that word since the day's of the Jes :D Ah memories

Haven't heard that word since the day's of the Jes :D Ah memories

I remember it being around when I was in 5th/6th class in St. Pat's Primary School. I'm 21 now.

It died out for years but me and a friend decided we would bring it back about a year ago. It's starting to catch on again within our circle of friends haha. :D

On-topic, I agree with those that said that the vandalism in the Eye Cinema was pointless. The vandals gained nothing from it.

well i'm from monaghan so ill use whatever words i like, like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement