Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTPC for under €600.

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,
    Komplett have finally got in some stock that i was waiting on, so if it passes your inspection, it's going on my credit card!! :D

Corsair Powersupply 450W Modular
    6xSATA, ATX/EPS, 1xPCI-E, 20/24pin 66

Silverstone SST-LC17B HTPC, Black
    (Without PSU) €95

Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 1GB DDR2
    PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI-I, HDCP, Heatsink, Lite-Retail €41

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2,5GHz,
    Socket LGA775, 2MB, 800MHz, Boxed w/fan €58

Crucial DDR2 PC6400 4GB KIT CL6
    Kit w/two matched DDR2 PC6400 2GB CL6 €52

Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA2 x 2 €145
    32MB 7200RPM

Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-5240S
    DVDRW 24x, DL, SATA, Bulk, Black €20

ASUS P5QL PRO, P43, Socket-775
    DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, ICH10, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16 €76.50

Total: 553.41

What does everyone think? Is it worth the money? (It's mainly for move and music playback).

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Not mad on that motherboard design the "atx" power socket(is that what it is?) is very close to the pci-e slot... Might be a bit of a problem..

and do ye think he should get a different cpu cooler, to keep things more quiet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Get the corsair 400W instead and save yourself 25 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll probably want to add another 1 or two 1tb drives down the line and a tv card as well, so i'll probably stay with the 450w psu as it's modular as well.
    (Does anyone know what the max size of terrabytes you can run off this?).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a better mobo? (preferably an asus with express gate).

http://www.onestoppcshop.ie/products.asp?recnumber=24542784

7 euro delivery....

Sure there are others too. Especially on that site they have good value on their mobo's

Effluo wrote: »
    http://www.onestoppcshop.ie/products.asp?recnumber=24542784

7 euro delivery....

Sure there are others too. Especially on that site they have good value on their mobo's

Great minds think alike!! I was just looking at the exact same mobo on onestopshop!! :D
    Did anyone manage to get anything delivered from them? (There was something about them not accepting mastercards??).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll probably want to add another 1 or two 1tb drives down the line and a tv card as well, so i'll probably stay with the 450w psu as it's modular as well.
    (Does anyone know what the max size of terrabytes you can run off this?).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a better mobo? (preferably an asus with express gate).

I am going to get killed for even mentioning a PSU Calculator :D, but the one on the corsair site will allow me a Dual Core, a HD4850 (no 4350 option) available) and 14 HDDs on the 450W.

http://www.corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx

Great minds think alike!! I was just looking at the exact same mobo on onestopshop!! :D
    Did anyone manage to get anything delivered from them? (There was something about them not accepting mastercards??).

Yeah that was me who had the problem.
    Never ordered the stuff afterwards.
    They have very good customer service which you can call up and guess what!

They answer the phone, talk to you about your specific order and speak english!!! :O

They seemed very well organised and even though i haven't got anything off them i would recommend them just cause of my experience of dealing with their up front and friendly customer service.

At the time they said the credit card thing should have be sorted out within a week...
    So they should be fine now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The CX400 can handle plenty of HDDs, its got 30A capacity on the 12V rail and I don't see the CPU/GPU/system taking much of that :) Plus being a budget PSU it doesn't really have that many stacks of cables flying out of its backside :D

Just to let ye know, I ordered the mobo from onestoppcshop (via visa) yesterday at 14.30 and it arrived today at 3pm. I even got a phone call from them to verify it shipped. Top class service!!!

Just have to check it works now!!! :D:D

Just to let ye know, I ordered the mobo from onestoppcshop (via visa) yesterday at 14.30 and it arrived today at 3pm. I even got a phone call from them to verify it shipped. Top class service!!!

Just have to check it works now!!! :D:D

Good to know as i'd say they might be one of the cheapest and handiest(next day delivery) retailers going when including delivery and that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement