Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone experience of Kumuka Tour Group?

• 25-08-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hey,

I am heading off on a month long trip to South America on a small group tour with Kumuka travel group and just wondering has anyone on boards had any good/negative experiences with them?

I have already had one argument with them over misleading information in the itinerary so am just wondering what to expect of them!

Thanks v much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I talked to people with kumaka before who cut their loses and abondoned it. They never mentioned too much bad things that were the companies fault. More so that it was all older couples and that you spent so much time moving from place to place rather than seeing things. Just type into google kumaka reviews and i'm sure you'll find some info.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I know a few people who went with them and loved it. I was in fact a little jealous as they seemed to do everything! Things that I had never heard of or skipped over.
    Group travel isn't for everyone but if you like the idea then go for it. It's only a month anyway, I know people who've spent 6 months on this kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I don't know how people could do the 6 month thing with a group. Too organized. I overstay everywhere i go and what i miss out on is just another excuse to come back for. Never done one before but looking into doing one in Africa. Don't think i'd want to go at it alone over there. Last time i was with mates and found company almost essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

you would proabaly have a great time with the tour but you will have a way better time doing it on your own. I was going to go with Kumuka and then google told me otherwise. There is nothing to fear in South America. I left there 2 months ago after 3 and a half months of brilliant travel. You will meet loads in hostels and will travel with them. Trust me on that. Last thing you want is to be in a group with people you dont like. I have been for small tours and its a real pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andrew1975

I Have travelled with Kumuka twice to South America and Africa and must say that I have had fantastic experiences on both occasions.
    The Kumuka trucks were of a good standard (despite what I read from darrenh's post) and well equipped with camping gear and supplies.
    If you get a good bunch of people onborad you will have a blast and most of the people I travelled with (mainly Aussies and Kiwis) were sound.
    The tours are 'rough and ready' so dont expect 5 star treatment - you have to pitch your own tents and help out with cooking and cleaning - but it's all part of the fun.
    Having elephants wander past our campsite in Tanzania or camping out in the desert in Chile were experiences that I will never forget.
    All in all I would give a Kumuka tour a go and see what you think - I loved it but I guess they are not for everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement