Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Providing Bins?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Myself and the OH are getting ready to move into a new apartment. It's lovely, we've put the deposit down and all of that we are just waiting to sign the lease on Monday. there's just one problem with the apartment.

It's over a restaurant and originally the tenants that were there before us used to just throw their rubbish in with the restaurant's. That however has changed, now I understand that a restaurant does not what bins outside it (it has an alfresco dining area just outside our door) but my question is does the landlady have to provide us with an alternative? at the moment the other apartment (there's only two) are storing their rubbish in the (communal) hallway and then putting it out in County Council plastic bins on the Thursday, while I'm fine with this in the short term, it's not a long term solution as it's disgusting TBH. I'm just wondering what are our rights and the landlady's responsibilities?

Advertisement