Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone ringtone not working

• 25-08-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hoping some one can help me. I just bought a sony Ericsson w395 on Friday and its been working grand since but today i went messing with the camera trying to get used to the different bits and bobs on the phone as my last phone was an ancient nokia. Now when the phone rings the call just comes up on screen but no tone whatsoever. in the 'sounds and alerts' settings everything looks grand ie ring vol at 5 ringtone set to 'india' etc then when i go into ringtones and browse them and the select play unsupported media format comes up and the ringtone doesnt play. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for reading I know it's long winded!:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

What format is this "india" file that you have set as a ringtone? Using file manager on the phone go to the file and play it, if it plays then it can be used as ringtone by selecting options, use as ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks for the help ardmacha really appreciate it but "india' is just one of the ringtones that came on it I havent put any music on it yet and it was ringing grand until just a few hrs ago, Now its driving me mad!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Sorted!I found the reset button :o. Thank you tho admacha

Advertisement