Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a Hole in a Tent

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I have a hole in my tent's fly sheet that is about 4 inches long. I am wondering if it is worth my while trying to repair it or should I just get a new one? I would like to at least try to repair it and get the end of the summer with this one.

Should I sew it? Patch it? Both?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks
    Kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

4 inches is big enough. You could probably patch it with nylon and seam sealer, or look for a repair kit in an outdoor store, or google for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

By flysheet I presume you're talking about the outer layter on a dome tent?

Patch it with the patching kit that came with the tent. If this is too small ask in an outdoor shop about getting a patch and if it is worthwhile at that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dobydu

Hi guys,
    I wonder if anyone could help me, Im trying to find a relacement canvas for a trailor tent, does anyone know where might do them in ireland as I can find lots of places in england but dont deliver to ireland so if anyone might know of a place that might do them in ireland it would be great.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dobydu wrote: »
    I can find lots of places in england but dont deliver to ireland
    They may say on their eBay ad or whatever they don't deliver to Ireland , but if you ask, most sellers will ship here.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement