Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm clock

• 25-08-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Alrighty, simple enough I think. I'm looking for an alarm clock cos the one on my phone is a load of cack. I want a good loud one because I'm a very heavy sleeper. I'd rather not get a clock radio, and the ideal one would be a traditional alarm clock, though a cool modern one would also be nice. So, suggestions please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

get a novelty clock, there is one that when it ges off it sends up little helicopter, the alarm keeps going off untill you ge out of bed ad put it back on the alarm base, very good idea, think i saw it on max tv or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Sounds interesting. Thanks.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Jay P wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Thanks.

Any other suggestions?

Our local Tesco have nice electrical alarm clocks for less than a tenner

They are digital and dont have radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

if you've a set of speakers you can connect up a mp3/ipod to then this will work a charm.. leave the volume high and buy one of those plug timers used for lights. Set the timer to desired time. Leave said mp3 playing all night. When you wake it sure as hell will wake you unless you hit play Damien Rice lol. Works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Blame it on the

get a battery operated one in case of power cut during the night

just for fun, try putting your wrist watch (no alarm needed) under your pillow before you go asleep. Listen to the ticking movement and tell yourself what time you want to wake up at. Leave it there overnight and see if you wake at the time you wanted or close to it.

Newbies should try this at the weekend in case it doesn't work. And don't try it when you've taken a few too many drinks.....you'll probably be disappointed.

sorry guys - just saw this - close enough

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055661027

• Advertisement

Our local Tesco have nice electrical alarm clocks for less than a tenner

They are digital and dont have radio

I'm not really looking for one of those ones...
    congo_90 wrote: »
    if you've a set of speakers you can connect up a mp3/ipod to then this will work a charm.. leave the volume high and buy one of those plug timers used for lights. Set the timer to desired time. Leave said mp3 playing all night. When you wake it sure as hell will wake you unless you hit play Damien Rice lol. Works for me

That's a really good idea, I will be trying this out :)
    get a battery operated one in case of power cut during the night

just for fun, try putting your wrist watch (no alarm needed) under your pillow before you go asleep. Listen to the ticking movement and tell yourself what time you want to wake up at. Leave it there overnight and see if you wake at the time you wanted or close to it.

Newbies should try this at the weekend in case it doesn't work. And don't try it when you've taken a few too many drinks.....you'll probably be disappointed.

sorry guys - just saw this - close enough

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055661027

That sounds intriguing.... I'm going to try this tonight!

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for being a bit picky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Blame it on the

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm not really looking for one of those ones...

That's a really good idea, I will be trying this out :)

That sounds intriguing.... I'm going to try this tonight!

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for being a bit picky!

let us know if it works....!

let us know if it works....!

It didn't work :( I put it right under my ear but the ticking drove me insane. Then I moved my head a bit and then I couldn't hear the watch anymore so I don't think it worked cos of that. Thanks anyway

Advertisement