Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Touche Eclat

• 25-08-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Can you use touche eclat on skin that has no foundation? I rarely use foundation, but find lately that I need a little coverage under my eyes.
    Would it work!?!?!? Is it expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Can you use touche eclat on skin that has no foundation? I rarely use foundation, but find lately that I need a little coverage under my eyes.
    Would it work!?!?!? Is it expensive?

Yeh you could, just don't use too much of it. Think it's about 27 or 28 but I usually buy it on hols or in airport though where it's cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Totally worth it though, that yoke is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the replies girls.

I was in town today and went to BTs. I first went to the YSL counter. She put the Touche Eclat on and when it dried it felt awful-really cakey. Was not impressed at all and was not happy with coverage-it looked silly with no foundation (which I rarely wear). She said they only had one colour. hmmm not sure about that like.

So went on over to the Dior counter. She cleaned stuff off my eye and put on their version. Slightly better. It dried and felt cakey too.

So went to the Clarins counter and tried their version on and it was much much better than the other two. Coverage was very very good, and although a little tight, nothing compared to the other two.

So, it was €27. To me that is alot of money so wanted to get something I am comfortable with. When I got home I had a shower so needed to reapply. I put a little eye cream on before applying the concealer and it worked a treat. Honest, the difference is great! So to others maybe looking for a concealer, do not discount the Clarins version!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

How do other people find touche eclat, is it good say for conceals spots and blemishes.......plus which colour do people normally go for??
    (oooh and i found it on feelingunique.com for €18 delivered .......great price me thinks)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bongo2

I don't like it. I think it makes the skin under my eyes look wrinkly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lightangel

Virgin Vie do one thats about €20 if not cheaper, it lasts ages (though you only need a small amount, and they have a 30 day no quibble money back quarantee www.virginvie.com I used to sell their products and still use their stuff on my clients..in general most of what they have is good bar their mascara, which I think cheap is best as they need to be replaced regularly, like rimmel/ maybelline.
    Get it free by having a girls shop and see party ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have an Elizabeth Arden one that I got a few years ago (and it still works) and I only use it when I need it.

It cost £31 GBP, but it's worth it. I use a very, very small amount for each use though.

Advertisement