Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sample Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Andy_rse wrote: »
    X to tha Z? One of my faves off that album!

Yep, and what an album it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Quality, Looking forward to his new one!

Absolutely love this song/group and the song that sampled it. Easy to get but so damn good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Absolutely love this song/group and the song that sampled it. Easy to get but so damn good!
    I think this is the sample that makes that song:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think this is the sample that makes that song:

Do we even have to answer this one!!

This has been sampled loads of times:

It's one of those bizzare records that people pick noises from. The one I'm thinking of is a Premo beat. It's after about 1 minute into the song.

Premo has some really bizarre samples that he uses. There is one in particular that I'm trying to re-locate that he used for a song on Moment of Truth. He sampled 1 second of a song, put it in his beat and is barely audible in the beat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement

Geto Boys - My mind is playin tricks on me. ^

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Geto Boys - My mind is playin tricks on me. ^

Would have also accepted "Scarface - My mind is playin tricks on me" ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Here's one that took me a while. 1.47 into the song

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Here's one that took me a while. 1.47 into the song

Been thinking I recognise this one, This is what I was thinking of, sounds a bit like it, sped up, but not sure if its the same sample

Been thinking I recognise this one, This is what I was thinking of, sounds a bit like it, sped up, but not sure if its the same sample

It sounds like a chopped up version of the one that I am thinking of. Its a Wu song, on a soundtrack if that helps :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

It sounds like a chopped up version of the one that I am thinking of. Its a Wu song, on a soundtrack if that helps :D
    Soul in the Hole soundtrack! Class soundtrack, bangers from start to finish from likes of Wu, Common, Big Pun, Mobb Deep, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thought I'd revive this thread when I heard this song earlier. I actually thought it was a different song that sampled this, but I'm looking for one in particular.

Thought I'd revive this thread when I heard this song earlier. I actually thought it was a different song that sampled this, but I'm looking for one in particular.

Xzibit - The Foundation??

Xzibit - The Foundation??

This may confuse you but that was neither of the two songs mentioned above. When I checked it up the Xzibit was one of two big ones that were sampled.

I'm looking for the other one.

Hopefully that made sense ha.

This may confuse you but that was neither of the two songs mentioned above. When I checked it up the Xzibit was one of two big ones that were sampled.

I'm looking for the other one.

Hopefully that made sense ha.

No more by ODB?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    No more by ODB?

No. I'm good at this :pac:. Everyone that is a true hip hop fan will have heard this song.

I had to look it up on whosampled, its a tough one given the alterations that where made to the sample.
    I assume you are talking about from 58 seconds in?

That's the one. It's different but it was pretty obvious to me when I heard. Might not be the same with other people.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Very famous sample from the 1920s. 52 seconds in.

SubBusted wrote: »
    Very famous sample from the 1920s. 52 seconds in.

Represent by Nas, brilliant sample, good choice man

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

The sample of a guy saying 'I know you'll dig this' is from the Carwash movie.

The sample of a guy saying 'Can you dig it?' is from the Warriors movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

Don't think this has been done yet- sample kicks in at 1.38, try to avoid looking at video description or comments (thought most will probably get it pretty easily anyway). I'm currently hooked on the song which samples it.

Loving the Represent and Mind Playing Tricks originals, great thread!:)

BadCompany wrote: »

Don't think this has been done yet- sample kicks in at 1.38, try to avoid looking at video description or comments (thought most will probably get it pretty easily anyway). I'm currently hooked on the song which samples it.

Loving the Represent and Mind Playing Tricks originals, great thread!:)
    Off the Books by The Beatnuts.

The Beatnuts are some of the best and least talked about producers!

Off the Books by The Beatnuts.

The Beatnuts are some of the best and least talked about producers!
    Massive beatnuts fan! :)

Who am I - Snoop Doggy Dogg (Lion :p)

This might be a toughy, don't look at the top comment though, it's a spoiler.

Been listening to The Left album since it was mentioned in another thread but who else used the sample in this. Doing my head in. I think Evidence may have something to do with it but can't put my finger on it!

EDIT: F*ck y'all I figured it out on my own :D Totally forgot about this EP he released.

Advertisement