Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google chrome.

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all,

I build my site with frontpage2003...... i know i know its not great, but its what i got, all fine till google found chrome, now my hyperlinks dont work and some pics i got on dont show at all , any ideas would be a great help .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

link please

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Doesn't work in Firefox, Opera or Safari either.....

Pretty much to be expected when you use Frontpage to put together a site, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Doesn't work in Firefox, Opera or Safari either.....

Pretty much to be expected when you use Frontpage to put together a site, I'm afraid.

+1
    frontpage is a joke, if you want a website get a pro to do it

• Advertisement

Sorry skelliser. Your P.M about ur services to " do up my Site" a no thanks ur right i need a "pro"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The main problem seems to be the extra font and span tags that FrontPage has added; remove those from within the links and you should be in business.

e.g.
    <font face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font><a href="Links.htm"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Times New Roman"><span style="text-decoration: none">&nbsp;&nbsp; 
    		Links</span></font></a></font>

...should be

<font face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font><a href="Links.htm" [s]><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Times New Roman"><span [/s] style="text-decoration: none">&nbsp;&nbsp; 
    		Links[s]</span></font>[/s]</a></font>

PM me if you reckon you might need a "pro" to look at it; there's also scope for replacing font tags with CSS, tables with DIVs, using actual header tags instead of "font size=4", and fixing screen width issues and a few other "best practices".

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

Think that links - is for his single LINKs page

Your site is indeed a muddle as far as the code is concerned which is a result of using a GUI...

You have multiple tags<Title>...</ ?
    You have multiple tags <Head>...</ ?
    Removing the CSS path does not seem to break anything... odd ?

As for the Links for your main navigation... WHERE are the <a href ....

Needs a quick rebuild me thinks regardless

Got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

webmanie wrote: »
    Sorry skelliser. Your P.M about ur services to " do up my Site" a no thanks ur right i need a "pro"

Wow, no need to be so b*tchy about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

skelliser wrote: »
    +1
    frontpage is a joke, if you want a website get a pro to do it
    webmanie wrote: »
    John_Mc wrote: »
    Wow, no need to be so b*tchy about it

Advertising through PMs? :rolleyes:

Advertisement