Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls i need help!!!!

• 25-08-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

i am deadly serious here.......i am all of 5'3 and would love to find a pair (s) of heels that will not cripple me!!!! obviously i need to add a bit of height for the glamour effect so am wondering if there are any other girls out there that have found heels that they can walk in comfortably ( even in town shopping) that they would reccomend. i'm not talking 6" heels here but just something fashionable that i could wear with dresses/jeans etc.
    come on sisters.......any advice would be welcome for this short arse!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Not heels per se but my friend who cannot walk in anything but runners found nice peeptoe wedges in Zerep in black, and loved them so much she went back and bought the red ones too. I have never seen her wearing shoes like that during the day until now...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Rocketdog do really pretty heals. I got a pair for the debs last year and lasted the whole evening, night and next morning in them! Got them in Schuh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Kinda depends on why you can't walk in them, some ppl just keep wobbling in heels, others can't wear heels with no platform cos they kill the balls of their feet!

For the wobbles - Wedges

For the sore feet due to thin soles - high heels with the concealed platforms work great

Schuh have a load of heels with the concealed platforms I'd say check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I'm crap in heels too and I've had varying degrees of luck with getting confortable ones. The best solution in every pair has been to wear Party Feet gel cushions by Scholl. (Get them in Pharmacy). The cushion the ball of your foot and help stop that burning pain.

For the record, I've recently gotten two pairs of leather shoes in Penny's that have aroung 3 and a half inch heels and they are some of the most comfortable heels I've ever worn. Cheap too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The most comfortable shoes I own are all from River Island. They are very high but have bit of a platform and my feet are never sore in them.

I find the Party Feet gel things crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

The most comfortable pair of heels i have are platform wedges - a little out of season heading into september but i have a red pair that i got in debenhams and i wear them all year round!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

janeybabe wrote: »
    I find the Party Feet gel things crap.

Me too...although I know girls who swear by them!

Wedges are generally the most comfortable as are platforms.

The best pair I have for dancing all night and being able to walk for a taxi afterwards too are a pair of 6" heels with 2" platforms by Buffalo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Platforms are good for the crippling burning pain in the balls of your feet yeah.

The most comfortable pair of heels I own are a pair that have straps around my ankle and across my foot, so I can't escape. Got them in Red Herring in Debenhams for about 20quid and they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

i'm on a mission to check all those stores out over the weekend and hopefully find some shoes that look good and are comfy too....
    your all so good for taken the time to reply.....i'll let you know how it goes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I bought a fab pair of Clarks so so comfy 3 1/2 inch heal worth the extra dosh for comfort!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

my most comfortable pairs of heels are also my highest! the secret is straps, if you find a pair with straps (mary janes etc) that hold to your feet it makes it much more comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Ok girls may soung a bit cringe ok but i got a pair of 5" heel platform sandals in black in no name!! Ok they were like 25euro and when i went back to buy another pair, in pink (bit slutty looking but whateverrrr), they were only a tenner. they have a really comfortable sole and the straps are kinda elasticy... LOVE THEM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

riverisland, i wont wear heels or boots from anywhere else!!!

Advertisement