Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager problems..some advice PLEASE!!

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

im working part time in a busy sale store that sells womens clothes while still in college..i started with a girl about two years ago and since then, while i have been in college, she has been promoted to assistant manager.. she is in charge as the store manager is away on maternity leave..

the thing is.. she always was and still kind of is very lazy.. other full price stores have managers who work ten times more harder then the actual workers..

my problems are

1) she has two girls in particular she will have in behind the store chatting away about the weekends etc.. this is so annoying because she makes us do far more work..

2) a really big thing thats is really upsetting me.. she said as a dig at me ''if i call anyone to come in to work they are EXPECTED to drop everything, even if you have plans anywhere local, you drop them to come into work'' is this fair?

if im not on the rota to work then i dont HAVE to come in??.. i have a life aswell..

the only reason i dont ever agree to come in TWO hours before the shift starts is that why should i go in and do more work for those lazy girls that do nothing.. it was a different when the girl who was on maternity leave would call me.. i would be in there in a flash because she was a stern worker and i liked that..

i cant approach the assistant manager either.. it is unbelieveable how much information is handed down from the assistant manager to the rest of the girls.. theres no respect.. !! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there a manager, owner, regional manager - ie someone further up the food-chain, you could talk to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 baac

there is but i know it would just make them so cross.. but i could seriously shame the company..
    a friend said i should send a letter to higher management giving detailed accounts of situations that happens and leave it anonymous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Will it be obvious that you wrote the letter, because you're the only one with enough information to have written it?

You could try and get a a customer to complain to higher management, but this might backfire.

Seems to me that your only options are 1) put up with it, or 2) speak up.

Advertisement