Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on Naas to Newbridge Road

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Does anyone have any clue what road they are building between the Toughers roundabout and the Wyeth rouldabout?!?!? Where is it going to and from?! Tried to look it up on net but couldn't find anything! Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Scruff101 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any clue what road they are building between the Toughers roundabout and the Wyeth rouldabout?!?!? Where is it going to and from?! Tried to look it up on net but couldn't find anything! Cheers!!

going to be a slip road out to the lidl warehouse in great connell to stop the hgv's and staff driving threw the town

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Ok......so if it's going to the warehouse where will the road start from?! Do you know where I can get info on this.....I live on the Great Connell Road!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Scruff101 wrote: »
    Ok......so if it's going to the warehouse where will the road start from?! Do you know where I can get info on this.....I live on the Great Connell Road!!

it will start from the toughers industrial estate, if you drive in and drive right the way to the bottom (where the finlays new garage is) it will basically be the continuation of that road. if you ring the kildare county council im sure they will tell you anything you need to know its public planning. hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Check this link out(http://www.totarch.ie/galleries/newbridge%20kildare/faircross.htm). It is the long term plan for the area. Where the roadworks are currently taking place, this is where the Outer Relief Road starts, this phase of the road will continue to Lidl. The long term plan is to eventually link the Naas Road to the Green Road. The phase between the roundabout near Wellesley Manor and the Athgarvan Road will require a new bridge over the Liffey, this won't be happening for a while. KCC don't have the money. They decided a number of years ago to concentrate on the Naas Ring Road scheme.

Advertisement