Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live & Vodafone Bewan Router

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys,

I recently changed providers to Vfe, which for the best part as been great. I'm on the 7Mb package....I'll spare you the details. You all know what the packages are at this stage. My question relates to the, for want of a better word, crappy, Bewan routers that Vfe are now sending out. Firstly, the only browser that you can actually configure the modem through is Firefox. Want to use IE or Safari? Forget it. You'll see the pages, but not the buttons or check boxes. But that is not my main concern here. What is of concern though is that now, with my xbox hooked up to this device, I can no longer sign into xbox live, without firstly having to run the network diagnostics after which it signs in no problem. I'm a network engineer, but this has me stumped. I've tried everything, from NAT to putting the xbox in the DMZ provided by the Bewan. Nothing works however. I always have to run the network diagnostics before signing into live. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there something I am overlooking? I can't find a single mention of this on any forums, least of all the Vfe one. If I can't get this to work I am either going back to my old Zyxel adsl modem + Linksys wireless router solution, with which I never had a problem or gonna call Vfe and see if they will replace my modem with one that works, like the Zyxels they had been sending out up until recently.

Thanks,
    Fergus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, did you try portforwarding? This is the only BeWan I can see on their site http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BeWAN/700-ADSL2+/Xbox_Live_360.htm, try this and see, HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fergusyarrow

Hi,

Yep tried all that. This Bewan that Vfe are now sending out is a branded modeam with Vfe specific firmware, hence why there is not that much out there I guess in terms of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

The fussy xboxlive NAT issue drives me mad, it might be best to buy a 2nd hand router from adverts, I have 2 360's and a PS3 connected up and found that not all routers work out of the box straight away with 1 never mind 3, you could get a BT voyager 2110 from adverts for €15 and it will work with no issues, the uPnP seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Does this bewan modem have a UPnP function? let the xbox do its own thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fergusyarrow

It does indeed have its own UPnP, and this was the first thing I set up, followed by NAT, DMZ, etc etc, however it has absolutely zero impact on it and the problem persists. Not to worry. I just hooked back up my trusty old Zyxel that I got from BT, oh about 3 or 4 years ago and its sidekick Linksys WRT54G and what do you know, it works as always. Sometimes best to leave well enough alone, even if you do get offered a free modem. Anybody wanna buy a top of the line Bewan wireless adsl+ modem/router. I'll do you a good deal. Haha. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Fergus

• Advertisement
Advertisement