Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

switching course?

• 26-08-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi everyone i have recently accepted my offer from the cao, which is computer systems in u.l i was just wondering if i hate this course within the first two weeks (hoopefully i woont) would i be able to switch to another course isntead? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Amberw122

hi everyone i have recently accepted my offer from the cao, which is computer systems in u.l i was just wondering if i hate this course within the first two weeks (hoopefully i woont) would i be able to switch to another course isntead? thanks in advance!

You can transfer within computer courses but u wud really have to hate it..u wud also have to talk to ur advisor first, basically so they can try and change ur mind, but if not he/she will be able to sort it out! how did ur orientation go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

ya im not too sure if ill like this course or not i shouldnt have picked it to be honest but its too late now ha, the orientation was grand a bit drawn out visiting the different buildings and stuff took ages im still going to be lost monday haha...... how late can you change course??

ya im not too sure if ill like this course or not i shouldnt have picked it to be honest but its too late now ha, the orientation was grand a bit drawn out visiting the different buildings and stuff took ages im still going to be lost monday haha...... how late can you change course??

Haha lol i know how u feel i cudnt work out wer i was at all half the time durin the tour! The course seems hard but ive been told its not as bad as we had been told, as one lecturer told me today i was to be doing 60 hours a week, it just cant be done, we need time to enjoy college life not swat 10 hours a day!! u can def change after first year nd before second but after that im not sure!!

ya i would have prefered to doo a physics course, are you going into 1st year in comp systems aswell? because my advisor told me i had to do 60 hours aswell. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

60 hours a week? :D
    I think you mis-understood (you know what a Bachelor degree officially requires time-wise?).

Going into 2nd year of CS right now, I'd say change if you don't like it, but then why did you put it down in the first place?
    Either way, whatever you choose, good luck :)

• Advertisement

Lol we prob have the same advisor whos urs?? yep im going into first year too. I thought 60 hours was abit extreame but thats what he said, but every1 i asked who is already doing the course said id be doing well if i done 10 extra hours a week on top of lectures nd dat which is a relief.

60 hours a week? :D
    I think you mis-understood (you know what a Bachelor degree officially requires time-wise?).

Going into 2nd year of CS right now, I'd say change if you don't like it, but then why did you put it down in the first place?
    Either way, whatever you choose, good luck :)

Nope what would u suggest we do timewise??

Amberw122 wrote: »
    Lol we prob have the same advisor whos urs?? yep im going into first year too. I thought 60 hours was abit extreame but thats what he said, but every1 i asked who is already doing the course said id be doing well if i done 10 extra hours a week on top of lectures nd dat which is a relief.

i have <snip> he seems sound enough but he said that im a red flag because i told him i just put it down on my cao and i got it so i picked it haha..... do you have the same advisor?

to the other poster i wasnt really sure what i wanted to do so i heard there was loads of jobs in IT so i picked this i shouldnt have really ha i could end up liking it though well see next monday ha

i have he seems sound enough but he said that im a red flag because i told him i just put it down on my cao and i got it so i picked it haha..... do you have the same advisor?

Haha lol <snip> is my advisor too, i remember him saying that to two people in da group so ur 1 of the two!! he was alrite but very serious i know its college nd all but still..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Removed name of advisor.

Naming names of lecturers on here is against the charter.

Carry on!

• Advertisement

yep thats me haha i hope he isnt out to get me or anything because i said it i was just being honest haha

yep thats me haha i hope he isnt out to get me or anything because i said it i was just being honest haha

Haha lol i didnt realise we couldnt name lecturers on here! whats the worst that wud happen.. lol prove him wrong nd stay in the course, that will keep him quiet! It is monday we start isn't it, it said online we dont start till tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Amberw122 wrote: »
    Haha lol i didnt realise we couldnt name lecturers on here! whats the worst that wud happen.. lol prove him wrong nd stay in the course, that will keep him quiet! It is monday we start isn't it, it said online we dont start till tuesday?

I presumed we were starting computer systems monday, where did you see about Tuesday?

mid wrote: »
    I presumed we were starting computer systems monday, where did you see about Tuesday?

I think its monday thats what the lecturers at the meeting were saying but sumwer on the ul website i saw tuesday, so will have to go in monday to be sure!!

Advertisement