Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Meh, bit confused about the policy in afterhours.

This is a thread from a few hours ago
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055662394
    I believe sharpshooter ends up locking it ( Mebbe im wrong but i doubt it )

Anyways, its kinda funny the amount of threads that show up about Terry in Helpdesk saying "Im permabanned by Terry i dont understand" With Terry waking up the next day pming the user removing the ban its "Lol"

Terry seems to have abit of a drink problem, i dont mind it tbh, once he doesnt log on to afterhours.

Cushion and Bollocko blokes do a good job there though, Sharpshooters life revolves around boards so i wont get into that.

So ye, i think the situation is kinda bad there and on random nights it can get a bit out of hand, for example i posted a thread saying "Anyone else having a drink out there" on a saturday, alot of people respond, and sharpshooter locks the thread and tells me to go to bed, then Terry creates an even worse thread.

Sorry sharpshooter, even tho it might annoy you, some of us do indeed have social lives and goals.

Meh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I banned you for this.

You started a thread in AHs when you should have brought it here.

We have had a discussion via PM and I explained to you why you were banned.

I believe I am right in what I did, but if proven wrong I will lift your ban.

BTW, your ban was given on the basis of your history.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest, you were out of line. I would have shut the thread and given your history, most likely banned you.

By the way, less of the personal comments about ANY moderators. If I see more like that, you'll find your bans being a lot more severe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sorry was on a coke and vodka binge, then again my true thoughts do come out when im in that state :D

I dont think my history is bad, i help alot of people on this site, but meh whatever

I think ill just avoid after hours, prolly best for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hi.
    Sometimes I get bored and mess around on AH.
    The thread in question was one of those joke threads.
    The two users banned had their bans lifted two minutes later and a link to the thread in question was provided.

I locked the thread myself.
    See the attached pic for proof of that.
    Check the time stamps of the posts after that. I had logged out and gone to bed when the other mods posted in the thread.
    We have the ability to post in closed threads in forums we moderate.

I'm drunk right now, but I'm not bored, so I won't be screwing around.
    I act the bollix only when I'm bored. It has nothing to do with my drink problem. I do the same when I'm sober.

If you have any other problems with my moderating, please feel free to post here or PM me. I'm open to criticism and always like to hear from other users of AH (because I'm just an AH user anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

so its ok for you to act like that but anyone else gets a month ban or more, sounds like a fair deal to me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nuxxx wrote: »
    so its ok for you to act like that but anyone else gets a month ban or more, sounds like a fair deal to me
    I can't speak for the other after hours mods but I wouldn't ban anyone for starting a thread like that. If they kept doing it after I had warned them not to maybe.

Well Terrys done it loads of times now yet he randomly bans people for the slightent things when hes drunk

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nuxxx wrote: »
    yet he randomly bans people for the slightent things when hes drunk

Can I get some proof of this? Links to threads. etc. The more examples you can give me the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement