Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK to put an integrated fridge/freezer next to a built in cooker ?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi when designing a installing a kitchen it is OK to put an integrated fridge/freezer next to a built in cooker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭beer enigma

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi when designing a installing a kitchen it is OK to put an integrated fridge/freezer next to a built in cooker

I'd avoid it personally - I made the mistake of putting a stand alone under counter wine cooler next to a mid level built in oven & whenever the oven was on the wine cooler would rise from 5 degrees to 8-9 degrees. No real issue for a wine cooler, but when you're talking about food I cant imagine its good news.

I moved mine shortly afterwards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

i have my double oven beside the integrated fridge. theres no heat transfer to be honest. there is a small gap between the carcass that holds the oven and fridge and this doesnt get hot. the only thing is the fridge door (wooden) can get a bit hot but other than that nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I wouldn't do it unless there is a bit of a gap personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭madmac187

k123456 wrote: »

I wouldn't man because it can cause a short in electricity. Not only that but the heat from the cooker will cause the fridge to defrost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

madmac187 wrote: »
    I wouldn't man because it can cause a short in electricity. Not only that but the heat from the cooker will cause the fridge to defrost.

Errrr....no on both counts.

Don't worry about it as you will have multiple layers of insulation (oven, carcass, air gap, carcass, fridge) between the oven and the fridge.

We have double ovens next to our freezer and have never encountered any issues.

You may want to think about your kitchen layout, but there is no technical reason.

SSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

I have my integrated f/f installed beside my mid level integrated oven also.

I actually visited I think 7 different kitchen showrooms when deciding on the kitchen layout and supplier and none of them mentioned that I should move the fridge or oven.

Out of interest however last night I was cooking and checked the sides of the oven cabinet, the fridge cabinet and found no heat transfer and no issues.

Hope that's of help to you OP.

Advertisement