Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amount of ammo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Sparks wrote: »
    That makes no sense fox. The DoJ and Gardai have already said that their job is not to run the sport. So if Person X comes up and says "I need 10,000 shells on my ammunition allowance because I shoot 1,000 a week in training", and he has the necessary storage and so forth, then that's all there is to it.

And for the jokers looking to take the mickey, there's the point that lying on your application form is now a criminal offence under Section 3(13)(a) of the Firearms Act, so let the Gardai take care of them.

well if its not their job to run the sport why cant I go out and buy my reloading components?-:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

well if its not their job to run the sport why cant I go out and buy my reloading components?-:confused:
    You can.
    All bar the stuff that's an explosive under Irish law (ie. the primers and powder). And you can buy that stuff too, if you have a licence (yes, they're like hen's teeth to get, but that's supposed to be up for change).

And the reason is that some toerag is off making pipe bombs in Dublin and the Gardai don't know enough about reloading to differentiate between the bombmaking and reloading. And since noone's done the PR on this...

You can.
    All bar the stuff that's an explosive under Irish law (ie. the primers and powder). And you can buy that stuff too, if you have a licence (yes, they're like hen's teeth to get, but that's supposed to be up for change).

And the reason is that some toerag is off making pipe bombs in Dublin and the Gardai don't know enough about reloading to differentiate between the bombmaking and reloading. And since noone's done the PR on this...

c,mon sparks we are regulated quite heavily here, I cant reload, pistol licences are being wiped out amongst other things and you are telling me that the DOJ and Gardai say its not their job to run the sport!-they are making a heck of a lot of needless work for themselves then:rolleyes:

I'm not making it up fox, I'm just telling you what the DoJ and Gardai have said - in public. I'm not the only one to have heard them say it either.

I'm not making it up fox, I'm just telling you what the DoJ and Gardai have said - in public. I'm not the only one to have heard them say it either.

Oh I dont doubt your word!-i just cant reconcile the statement they made with the actions they take thats all.:)

• Advertisement

I just cant reconcile the statement they made with the actions they take thats all.:)
    Why, haven't you been in Ireland long? :D

Why, haven't you been in Ireland long? :D

The learning curve is like an assault on K2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think when it comes to asking for the amount the only advice I could give is "be sensible", to your needs, the position of the FO/Super and guidelines. The problem with some lads and it has been discussed "add nausium" sometimes common sense isn't very common.

Advertisement