Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booty Bay fishing competition.

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I won it at the weekend. Apparently people keep telling me this is a big deal? I am not sure why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

What did you win?

Ive had the game since vanilla and have never fished, am i missing out?

Doesnt look like its much fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Apart from the rare fish / pet achievements, this is probably the hardest fishing achievement to get in WoW.

It's only once a week, and there are so many people going for it that it gets quite tough.

Congrats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Gratz...

I went for it once, there was an undead mage close to me fishing... I was going to kill him but I didn't. He won the competition... :P

I say I will try it every sunday, but I just cba. The chances are too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

It's one of the toughest parts of the Accomplished Angler meta achievement, especially on a busy PvP server. I won on it on my first attempt, but it required a lot of planning and I had a friend help with ganking other fishers and scouting new nodes. I just need The One That Didn't Get Away for my Salty title, but after about a month of working for it it is killing me at this stage, variance is such a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

lucky bugger . i cant get the time to attempt it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

elexes wrote: »
    lucky bugger . i cant get the time to attempt it :(

Same , usually have to head out that time every week :( Except this week, mmmmmm, possibly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

nix wrote: »
    What did you win?

I took the trinket that turns you into a fish as I already have a cool looking fishing rod. :)

I have to complete one more achievement to get salty (One that didn't get away). That is a bit annoying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Your best bet for "The one that didnt get away" is to fish for Dark Herrings. They are fished in Howling Fjord lakes, have had 2. My rogue dual wields them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone wrote: »
    Your best bet for "The one that didnt get away" is to fish for Dark Herrings. They are fished in Howling Fjord lakes, have had 2. My rogue dual wields them :)

There was a bug where the drop rate of the Dark Herring was increased in error, but this was fixed a couple of months ago - I have bags and bags of fangtooth herring as evidence of this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i was about 3 fish off winning it the only time i attempted it

got ganked about 4 times as well :( would have won it without the ganks

best spot is yojamba isle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The highest i've ever gotten my fishing to is about 15, so i dont think im gonna win anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Gtz hun :) Been after this for ages for my Salty Title to but theres like a 100 people on kilrogg trying for it to :(

/Cheer to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

DRakE wrote: »
    i was about 3 fish off winning it the only time i attempted it

got ganked about 4 times as well :( would have won it without the ganks

best spot is yojamba isle

Many (/most?) people who win have someone in their guild ganking anything that moves. Doesnt even have to be any good at it, even if they kill him quick, thats 1 fish less for them.

Of course dont actually be in the same guild with him at the time or that just makes you a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Drakar wrote: »
    Many (/most?) people who win have someone in their guild ganking anything that moves. Doesnt even have to be any good at it, even if they kill him quick, thats 1 fish less for them.

Of course dont actually be in the same guild with him at the time or that just makes you a target.

drakar wana help me win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure I can bring myself to do thing. Getting the Titanium Seal of Dalaran all but ended my fishing enthusiasm.

Advertisement