Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 Rathnew to Arklow PPP upgrade

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Dear all,
    The gorey bypass and the the bit south of ashford are being upgraded to Motorway. ( they are presently fitting new sings). My feeling is, this is in anticipation on the long awaited Ratnew to Arklow dual carriage way which will be built under PPP. But why Motorway? Isn't for the sole purpose of having a toll bridge? I think they would not be able to toll the road if it was not motorway.
    Have you got any info? will it be tolled?
    a worried commuter.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's no plans to toll any part of the N11 at present. They are redesignating certain sections as motorway to allow higher speeds and control development along the roads.

The Rathnew-Arklow section is due to be built as PPP but won't be directly tolled either.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭upsilon

Thanks, I hope your right.

Advertisement