Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand book shops

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Does anyone know any second hand book shops around. I'm in Portarlington and need to get rid of two large books. I'd prefer to sell them in these pressing times but one way or another they have to go.

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

There is a book shop on the main street that sells second hand books you could try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nov_babe

Thanks PatB71,

Where exactly is that? I'm taking a virtual tour through Main St and can't picture it. I know there is a book shop opposite where the chemist use to be but I don't think that does second hand books?

Cheers,
    Nov.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You could always donate them to the library :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Yes thats the one I was in there a few weeks ago and I`m nearly sure they had a second hand section along the back wall if I`m not mistaken.Heres the number I got for them (057)8640404 so you can give them a ring and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nov_babe

Thanks Pat B, i'll give it a go.
    You could always donate them to the library biggrin.gif

I was going to do that but I was told I couldn't which I though was odd, can't remeber who the bright spark was that told me that but I should have followed it up myself :o
    I presume Curvy Vixen, that, as you are suggesting it, it can and has been done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Yep, I had a pile of books that I had used for college and personal reasons that I was going to give to the charity shop and thought I'd ask in the library about 18 months ago.

They were in the middle of putting out new stock at the time so asked me to hold off for a couple of weeks and were delighted when I took them down then.

The only thing they ask is that they are in good condition...

They are very nice in there, give them a shout if you get no joy elsewhere :D

Advertisement